Feedback

Suggest a new feature or improvement to current ones to make tawk.to the best service available!

To report a bug, please write to support@tawk.to describing the issue you are facing with screenshots (if necessary).

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Ability to disable an agent going into IDLE

We talk daily with more then 5 visitors on our website. Our talks, involve more than 6 hours of chatting. At some point the agent or the visitor might take a break or not say anything for a long period of time. It would be great if we could disable the IDLE feature because that is causing our chats to be interrupted and we as agents sometime can not rejoin the chats if the visitor isn't paying attention to the chat widget.

34 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Number of monitoring people is incorrect

Number of monitoring people (in parentheses after monitoring text) is incorrect in browser dashboard.

In shows 6 people but when i click on monitoring, there is only one.
    I have no filter, also I am online so idk...

19 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    8 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Allow HTML in triggers

Would be great if we could enter HTML in trigger's messages, so we can show links or other html features to users.

45 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  8 comments  ·  Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Custom visitor properties

It would be great to have possibility to set custom visitor properties over JavaScript API, such as visitor.channel or visitor notes update.

38 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  2 comments  ·  New features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. CNAME Masking of the Tawk.to URL

We use tawk.to as a pop-out chat.

Because of this the tawk.to url is displayed.

I think it would be a good idea to be able to mask the tawk.to URL with CNAME.

So then the URL would could be 'livechat.example.com'.

This shouldn't affect tawk in getting your name out of there as like with the chat being at the bottom of the page, your logo would be in the bottom right corner still :).

Cheers,
    Nick.

39 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  3 comments  ·  New features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Change page title dynamically

I use the posting of new page information within iFrames and with dynamic scripts. The actual document page doesn't change, but "where" the visitor is within the site does change. I would like to be able to the document tag title to a new name without the page reloading so the Tawk app sees the page title change.

36 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  5 comments  ·  New features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Enable tickets created via email to use the "reply-to" address for ticket replies

I currently have an issue where I'm trying to integrate an online contact form with tawk.to messages/tickets. The form gets sent from a default wordpress email address with the customer's email address passed through as the "reply-to" address. Tawk doesn't detect the reply-to address. Instead, it used the sender address. This makes it impossible to actually reply to tickets because tawk doesn't detect the right reply address.

35 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi there David,

Yes, it won’t work as you are trying to use the ticketing system in a way that it’s not supposed to be used yet.
    We have had discussions that Visitors should be able to create tickets as well as Agents do but currently we only support Agents creating tickets.

We’re thinking about this but are not sure when development on this will start, though.

8. Make APK Downloadable directly from tawk.to

Make tawk.to APK Downloadable directly from tawk.to like WhatsApp does for their APK for example.

This is especially helpful if someone looses their Gmail account for example and Cannot get to the Google Play Store. Duh

19 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  Android app  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Please allow custom timezones for offline messages

It's set to GMT+0 but it would be nice is it could be set to different time zones so on first glance we could see when they tried to contact

34 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  6 comments  ·  Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. When creating a ticket for an offline message, automatically close the chat.

When you receive an offline message and you create a ticket, you have to close the offline chat yourself afterwards. It would be useful if this would happen automatically, so as soon as you create a ticket, the offline message will be shown as closed. This to avoid miscommunication, for example if someone on your team forgets to close the offline message and someone else creates another ticket for that same message.

103 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    18 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

To All Our Valued Users,

Thank you for choosing tawk.to and for taking the time to share your ideas here.

At this stage, all offline messages have to be set to Closed once the ticket is created.

We’ve acknowledged your request and have forwarded it to the dev team. They will work with this suggestion and will add the feature in due course.

If you have any other questions, require assistance, or just want to talk to someone at tawk.to, here is a link to my calendar: https://calendly.com/siennarubio/30min. I’d be happy to help!

11. Windows Auto Login on Start

Right now every time I start my computer up I have to login and even if I click remember me, it doesn't stay logged in. It would be nice to be able to start it and have it save my login and auto log me in and set me as available when it starts unless I actually log out.

Other software such as skype keeps you logged in automatically until you physically log out of that program. One less thing to remember to do.

39 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  4 comments  ·  Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Return transcript and user object on the chat end

Please add a new event to return transcript and user object over JavaScript API when the chat is over.

21 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  1 comment  ·  New features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. API method to create the initial message

A new API method to fill the text input with a premade message, passed as a argument. Like openDialog('Hello, I need help with me dashboard'), and the input field would have 'Hello, I need help with me dashboard'

39 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  2 comments  ·  Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Automatically change status to away when inactive

if i am in the admin panel, and i am online. but i walk away from my desk i would like my status to auto change to offline or away when there is no activity for 30 minutes ( or a set amount of time )

1,023 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    100 comments  ·  New features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

To All Our Valued Users,,

Thank you for choosing tawk.to and for sharing your request here.

An automated status change to Away is currently under review.

We assure you that this feature is under works and we will update you as soon as it is implemented.

If you have any other questions, require assistance, or just want to talk to someone at tawk.to, here is a link to my calendar: https://calendly.com/siennarubio/30min. I’d be happy to help!

15. 23 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Add a rule for triggers to stop them from running based on device type

Add a rule for triggers to stop them from running based on device type, as the automated messages on mobile disturb browsing by opening a new tab in the mobile browser. It would be desirable to exclude triggers from running on mobiles, at least for some situations such as early navigation on the website.

20 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. WYSIWYG for Shortcuts

I would love to be able to customize the way that links work in the Shortcuts. Being able to insert a proper <a href="..."> style link would allow us to work in our sales funnel flow much easier.

57 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Make the visitor overview columns customisable

So that you can select which columns you want to see or hide. Also make them resizable.

18 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Add chat button to email copy

Most live chat services provide you with the code to embed a chat button inside an email copy. This is very powerful in an email marketing campaign, as well as for personal emails, enabling the client to respond to an email straight away by engaging in a live chat.

It's not too complicated to implement and I would be happy to provide technical details from other services I've used.

23 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  New features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Link wordpress user logged in and display their name in the tawk dashboard

It would be great to have users registered on wordpress website that browse the website to be displayed into the tawk dashboard with their name and other information taken from wordpress...

36 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  2 comments  ·  Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base