Feedback

Suggest a new feature or improvement to current ones to make tawk.to the best service available!

To report a bug, please write to support@tawk.to describing the issue you are facing with screenshots (if necessary).

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Could you please add a feature to run\download reports in order to see the traffic sources? this would be a perfect feature to your software

Could you please add a feature to run\download reports in order to see the traffic sources? there's already an historical tab that shows the daily traffic source.
    this would be such a perfect feature to your software !

15 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    under review  ·  2 comments  ·  New features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Minimize the window after x seconds, when a trigger has poped up a message

I would like for the trigger messages to allow as a setting to minimize the window if the user does not react to the trigger after let's say 3 or 5 seconds, to clear up the space on the website. Otherwise the user has to manually minimize the chat window if they do not want to engage with the message and it ruins their navigation experience.

16 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  New features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. enabling shortcuts in the middle of a sentence

I was surprised to see that is not possible to use of shortcuts is the middle of a sentence. So you can't use the SC to write something like: "please visit this page: /(something)......."
    Some would say that you can put all the sentence in a shortcut already, but in my case it's not so easy because every client has different needs, therefore I cannot pre-set all the possible answers.

Would it be difficult to fix this?
    Thanks

58 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Delete chat history between agents.

Add option to delete chat done between two agents. same as we can delete visitors/clients chat.

78 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    9 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi,

Thank you for choosing tawk.to and for taking the time to share your ideas here.

Our Dashboard currently supports direct chat and group messages between property members.

However, we don’t have a function for deleting those messages.

To learn more about direct messages and group chats, visit the following links:

1. Setting up direct messages
    https://help.tawk.to/article/setting-up-direct-messages

2.Creating a Group Chat
    https://help.tawk.to/article/creating-a-group-chat

Your request has been acknowledged and updates will be posted once the feature has been approved and implemented.

Let me know if you have any other questions, require assistance, or just want to talk to someone at tawk.to. Here is a link to my calendar: https://calendly.com/siennarubio/30min. I’d be happy to help!

5. Admin Feature to Change Status of Other Admins/Agents

Allow admins to change the status of other admins/agents.

Preferably it would have the same options as if you were changing it for yourself (both the 'Online', 'Away' and 'Invisible' options and the 'Accept chats from' toggles), but changeable for other admins/agents.
    An option on the Manage Agents page to 'Allow admin status change' would also be useful.

We've had users start livechats countless times when none of our admins/agents were online and one of them forgot to change their status. The user would expect for someone to join as it says 'Online'.
    This can be quite damaging to a…

51 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  6 comments  ·  New features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Ask customer for email / name while chatting. Pre-chat form in chat

It would be nice to have a input box drop into the chat window, as the chatting is going, asking for the users name / mail, and it would fill out the name and email in the dashboard. it could be an option under pre-chat form called "while-in-chat form" or something like that :)

334 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    32 comments  ·  New features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

To All Our Valued Users,

This is Sienna from tawk.to. Thank you for reaching out.

At this stage, we only have the Pre-Chat Form to get the details of the visitor before the chat.

An alternative method is to create a Trigger message asking for their information.

You can also create Shortcuts or canned responses for repetitive questions visitors ask. Setting up Shortcuts saves you time and keeps your responses accurate and consistent. This also ensures that your spelling and grammar are correct.

We’ve acknowledged your request and have forwarded it to the dev team. They will work with this suggestion and will add the feature in due course.

Should you have any questions, require assistance, or just want to talk to someone at tawk.to, here is a link to my calendar: https://calendly.com/siennarubio/30min. I’d be happy to help!

7. email followup

It would be cool if we could send an automated followup email after a chat. For example, send an email 3 days after a closed chat, asking if the visitor needs any more assistance with what was discussed in the chat and keep a conversation going.

25 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Set the scheduler for specific dates. Like holidays.

set specific dates in the scheduler like holidays.

133 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    16 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

To All Our Valued Users,

Thank you for choosing tawk.to and for reaching out.

Our Scheduler allows you to manage the operating days and times of the chat widget.

At the moment, however, we don’t have the option to schedule specific dates.

Our Calendar product is already on our roadmap for development. Our dev team is working on this feature and will add this in due course.

We will post updates once the feature has been implemented.

Should you have any questions, require assistance, or just want to talk to someone at tawk.to, here is a link to my calendar: https://calendly.com/siennarubio/30min. I’d be happy to help!

9. Tagging: Generic and Reporting

Be able to add generic tags with a drop down menu to be used across all properties. Add tags to reporting.

15 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Improve API to explain how to change visitor name

Although there are some explanations in the API doc I think they could be more extensive. It took me some time to figure out how to do it and from the forum threads it seems I'm not the only one to have struggled.
    What about something like:

To set the visitor name you have to options.
    1) Before embedding the app code, define the TawkAPI object with the visitor info. On load, the Tawk.to script will pick up the parameters and set the user name and email
    Tawk
    API = {
    visitor: {
    name: 'The visitor name',
    email: '…

12 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  4 comments  ·  Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. REST API for CRM Integration

It would be great if there was a possibility to integrate our own CRM with chat. Chat is a place where agents can gather and lead clients and to use chat we need to be able to get chat history.

289 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    22 comments  ·  Integrations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

To All Our Valued Users,

Thank you for choosing tawk.to and for reaching out.

Currently, we only have a Javascript API. However, we have a more advanced REST API in the works that should be out in a couple of months.

In our JavaScript API documentation, we provide a flexible set of methods that may work for your web projects. Check out our Developer Page for updates and info! https://developer.tawk.to/jsapi

Your request has been acknowledged and updates will be posted once the feature has been approved and implemented.

Let me know if you have any other questions, require assistance, or just want to talk to someone at tawk.to. Here is a link to my calendar: https://calendly.com/siennarubio/30min. I’d be happy to help!

12. Ticket portal for customers

A web portal where customers can view the ticket history, add message to own tickets, raise ticket and so on...

94 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    9 comments  ·  New features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

To All Our Valued Users,

Thank you for choosing tawk.to and for sharing your ideas with us.

We do not currently have a web page allowing users to view the status of their tickets.

Only members of a property can view the status of tickets for that property in the Dashboard.

We have taken note of your suggestion and will post updates once the feature has been approved and implemented.

If you have any other questions, require assistance, or just want to talk to someone at tawk.to, here is a link to my calendar: https://calendly.com/siennarubio/30min. I’d be happy to help!

13. Tickets only visible to assigned department's agents

When you assign a ticket to a particular department, only agents from that particular department will be able to see the ticket in the Messaging section.

Admins will still be able to see all tickets from all departments

21 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. If customer doesn't reply in (amount) mins. Auto Trigger are we still connected message

as title says ! ;) Hope tawk.to integrate that in the future ! ASAP ! :) really useful future.

13 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  2 comments  ·  New features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Option to only allow agents to join as their self.

Say Joe is an admin/developer. Everyone knows Joe is the developer.
    We hire "Bob" to answer live chats.
    At any time the user "Bob" can join a conversation as "Joe" and could possibly do malicious things, then "Bob" can delete that history.
    TL;DR:
    1. Option to only allow agents to join as their alias.
    2. Option to only allow admins to remove history.

323 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    11 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

To All Our Valued Users,

Thank you for choosing tawk.to and for sharing your ideas here.

These are the answers to your questions/suggestions:

1. Option to only allow agents to join as their alias.

Answer: At the moment, all agents/admins can create their own aliases. They now have the option to answer chats using their real name or an alias.
    You can protect your identity by creating a new alias the customer sees when you respond to chats.

Helpful link: https://help.tawk.to/article/creating-and-managing-aliases

2. Option to only allow admins to remove history.

Answer: Agents don’t have the authority to delete chat history.

16. SMS alert if chat goes unanswered for X amount of time.

Would be a great feature if we could get a SMS feature that would alert selected admins when a started chat isn't answered in "X" amount of time.

26 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Minimize the chat widget when the user press ESCAPE key.

we have to click on the minimize button to minimize the chat window,
    its very non - user-friendly.
    I would like an esc-key or any other combination of keys which would minimize the chat window.
    If you could use combination of keys then we may have an option to close the widget too.
    Thank You.

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  1 comment  ·  New features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Admin Logoff function

The ability for an administrator to log off people who have forgotten to log out at the end of the day. Thereby stopping missed calls when there is no one really there but the system thinks there is!

151 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    16 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

To All Our Valued Users,

This is Sienna from tawk.to. Thank you for reaching out.

At this stage, the only way to force a logout for an agent is by disabling their account via the Property Members section.

Alternatively, you can set up a Scheduler.

The Scheduler’s purpose is to make the chat widget go offline even if the agent is logged in.

Once the Scheduler is activated, you don’t need to worry about whether or not your agents forgot to log out.

Example:

Let’s say you’ve scheduled your widget to appear online from 9 AM – 5 PM. If you log in before 9 AM, you can still monitor your visitors without receiving any chats. However, your chat widget will stay offline and the visitor will get the offline form.

The same thing happens when the clock hits 5 PM. Even if there are agents online, the chat widget…

19. Chat box must be draggable when Minimised also

Chat box must be draggable when Minimised also. But from some specific place on the chat bar. It will help to multiple click and then drag and then again it need to minimise as it covers more space then before.
    Better if it just drags in shape what it is. But click at one point on the bar must be to avoid unnecessary dragging due to click by mistake.

59 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  9 comments  ·  New features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Open links in same window (if the domain is the same)

When I send a link to a customer it opens a new tab. If the link is related to the same website, it should be openedin he same window.

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base