Desktop Notification configuration
Desktop notification should be configurable.
1>Length of time on screen should be adjustable.
2>Option to keep on screen until answered.
3>Re-notify agent when chat resumes from existing visitor instead of only once per session.
4>Re-notify of continuing chat when agent has multiple chats going.
Remember we all have other things (jobs) to do beside staring at the Tawk Dashboard.
To All Our Valued Users, Thank you for choosing tawk.to and for sharing your challenge here. Here are our Desktop notification options: -New Chat -Repeat -New Visitor -New Message -Agent Disconnect -New Agent Message To change your sound settings: * Go to the top right of the Dashboard (user icon) * then Manage Sounds. Helpful links: For Google Chrome Notification: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/3220216?co=GENIE.Platform%3DDesktop&hl=en Enabling Desktop notifications https://help.tawk.to/article/enabling-desktop-notifications Managing sound settings and desktop notifications https://help.tawk.to/article/managing-sound-settings-and-desktop-notifications If you have any other questions, require assistance, or just want to talk to someone at tawk.to, here is our calendar link: https://calendly.com/tawk-to-support/tawk-to-customer-support. We're happy to help!
Stavros Zacharias commented
I believe that extending or shrinking the ringing time period is already available in the Settings --> Manage Sounds
- Also! , if a department is selected by the customer, can we please add this to the notification that pops up along with the customer's name. It would be vital for the agents to be able to tell which departments should be picking up.
- Even better, if you could completely exclude chats from other departments from popping up notifications, that would be incredibly useful.
- Then if an entire department is offline, re-direct them to the Leave a Message form automatically. Instead of hanging the visitor on waiting for a department that won't answer.
We miss so many chat requests because our agents either don't see the single desktop notification or the system doesn't remind us that a chat is waiting because the agent is busy with something else.
Some better prompts would include;
- Auto-Pop the Tawk Desktop App when a new chat is requested.
- Flash the Tawk button orange (similar to skype) on the toolbar.
- Re-send desktop notifications every 30 seconds until the chat is answered.
Mary Zigarevich commented
Please allow Desktop Notification compatibility with Internet Explorer, at least 10 and later. Thank you!
should be able to tweak desktop notifications to stay up longer
Right now I receive a desktop notification for each and every message from each and every chat that is open, regarding who is the agent handling it. It would be great if I could receive notifications only for unassigned chats and for the ones I am personally handling
Not just when a chat is initiated, desktop notification would be very useful for new visitors. Checking the tab again and again is too cumbersome. Desktop notifications should be available to notify for new visitors and be customizable like audio notifications, eg turn on or off for individual cases
may the sound notification ring until the chat accepted ? or have a pop-up desktop notification
desktop notification should be more intelligently indicative to keep on the reminder in terms of Visual and audio alert for the time it is clicked
Can we have options to make the Notification pop-up stay active until chat is accepted? Or have it Flash on/off longer to grab attention better