Feedback

Suggest a new feature or improvement to current ones to make tawk.to the best service available!

To report a bug, please write to support@tawk.to describing the issue you are facing with screenshots (if necessary).

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Please make Tawk.to a Omnichannel messaging platform

In today's world, We can't force customers to come to a specific platform for support. Also for us managing multiple support channels is very problematic. so can you please make tawk .to an omnichannel customer support application where users can ask for support from their Facebook account, messenger, WhatsApp, Twitter, telegram, sending email, sending SMS. and we can entertain everyone from a single panel. we can also provide phone call support. Something like jivochat.com for Freshdesk. also Chatbot is another suggestion so basic queries will eliminate from live agents and response time will be better. we are ready to pay…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  New features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi,

Thank you for choosing tawk.to and for reaching out.

Our Facebook and WhatsApp integrations are already on our future roadmap. We will post updates once the feature has been implemented.

If you have any questions or require assistance, we invite you to reach out on our 24/7 support line. Our live agents are always available to assist you.

2. limit number of chats per agent

why dont you make chatting rules .. for example :
    limit chat per agent that can be handled at one time ., see in coming chats

thanks

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Fix “Exchange is currently in recovery mode’ error?

The error of ‘Exchange is currently in recovery mode’ has been fixed. There are some manual methods to resolve this error. If you want to open your edb file in the easiest way, So download the EDB to PST converter by SysInspire. They have to convert your edb file into pst format and it is able to convert edb to many other formats also. In which you can watch a live preview of edb conversion also. It contains a very friendly interface. If you want to try this software you can download the free demo version also.
    Read more:- Fix…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. 6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

Thank you for choosing tawk.to and for sharing your ideas with us.

At the moment, we have an X symbol as a warning sign together with the error message.

We’ve acknowledged your request and have forwarded it to the dev team. They will work with this suggestion and will add the feature in due course.

If you have any other questions, require assistance, or just want to talk to someone at tawk.to, here is a link to my calendar: https://calendly.com/siennarubio/30min. I’d be happy to help!

5. Add ability to edit default widget chat bubble icon.

Add ability to edit default widget chat bubble icon. We have a little robot that we would like to use as our company mascot and put him on the chat icon. Unfortunately there is currently no way to swap out the default chat bubble with a different image.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

This is Sienna from tawk.to. Thank you for reaching out.

We currently do not have an option for customizing the bubble chat icon.

You can, however, personalize the Attention Grabber by uploading your own image/logo.

Helpful link: https://help.tawk.to/article/changing-the-appearance-of-the-chat-widget

We have taken note of your suggestion and will post updates once the feature has been approved and implemented.

If you have any other questions, require assistance, or just want to talk to someone at tawk.to, here is a link to my calendar: https://calendly.com/siennarubio/30min. I’d be happy to help!

6. Chat Screen Inside WHMCS

we want our admin login in whmcs and can chat from there
    like inside whmcs there is some page where our agent can chat with our clients, and they don't have to separately login in tawk to.
    This must be done via some API connection rather than signin by giving user/pass. We want our admins can only chat via whmcs, and no user/pass required to login into it. it always connect via API.
    Also they only have access to receive chats and chat with customer they do not have access to change or add predefined replies.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Deleted users will still show in the Group chats. There is no way to remove them manually.

Deleted users will still show in the Group chats. There is no way to remove them manually.

Even if the users have deleted their Tawk account they still will be shown in all the group chats.

The support team suggests that we may create a new group chat. Not a good idea as we lose the history.

My suggestion is to have these possibilities as a admin to delete undesired or inactive users from the group chats.

30 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  New features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

To All Our Valued Users,

Thank you for choosing tawk.to and for sharing your challenge here.

With regards to this concern, once the members were removed from the property, you won’t be able to delete their names manually in the group chat list.

I would recommend asking the members to “leave” the chat group first before deleting them from the property. Alternatively, create a new group chat with the rest of the team members.

To know more about Group Chats, visit the following links:

1. Creating a Group Chat: https://help.tawk.to/article/creating-a-group-chat

2. Adding direct messages and group chats to tabs: https://help.tawk.to/article/adding-direct-messages-and-group-chats-to-tabs

3. Managing Group Chats: https://help.tawk.to/article/managing-group-chats

Your request has been acknowledged and updates will be posted once the feature has been approved and implemented.

Let me know if you have any other questions, require assistance, or just want to talk to someone at tawk.to. Here is a link to my calendar: …

8. Routing

can you please have a routing capability so that a specific person will be contacted if they need a department.

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  New features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

To All Our Valued Users,

At this stage, we don’t have a feature to route customers directly to a designated agent or Department.

Alternatively, you can follow these suggestions:

1. Direct Chat Link/Profile Page

Your visitor can directly send you a message using your Direct Chat Link/Profile Page.

This is useful when returning visitors want to reach out to a specific Agent.

To learn more, visit this link: https://help.tawk.to/article/editing-your-personal-profile-page

2. Pre-Chat Form

A Pre-Chat Form requires a visitor to answer a set of questions before a chat commences.

You can set up a Pre-Chat Form allowing visitors to either request a Department or choose an agent’s name from a list of multiple agents.

Follow these steps to set up your Pre-Chat Form:

In your Dashboard, click the Admin gear icon in the left sidebar.
    Select Widget Content.
    Enable the Pre-Chat form…

9. private message

when a client request a chat any agent can take the chat then send it to someone else and that agent then can make it a private message
    so it can be a secure chat and no one else can see what you are talking about ...Like add a button saying secure chat (on) (Off) then only at that time you and that agent and client on that chat at that time can see whats being said, then hide that info when tuned off to make it a secure private chat .where only you can see the past stuff said…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

Thank you for choosing tawk.to and for sharing your ideas with us.

At this stage, there is not a feature allowing chats to be hidden from other agents/departments.

We have taken note of your suggestion and will post updates once the feature has been approved and implemented.

Let me know if you have any questions, require assistance, or just want to talk to someone at tawk.to. Here is a link to my calendar: https://calendly.com/siennarubio/30min. I’d be happy to help!

10. Webhook for shortcuts

Add a possibility to make a webhook request in a shortcut and add a placeholder to send the response to the customer.

Background:
    Im selling a software and want to generate a trial license for the customer and send it to him via shortcut or automatically when he visit the website.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

We currently do not have a Webhook event for Shortcuts.

Alternatively, you can create an Advanced Trigger for sending automatic messages to your customers.

To learn more about Triggers, visit the links below:

Creating and managing triggers
    https://help.tawk.to/article/creating-and-managing-triggers

Advanced Triggers
    https://help.tawk.to/article/advanced-triggers

11. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  New features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Set username and password for knowledge base

It would be better if we can set a username and password to Access Knowledge Base.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

As of the moment, our Knowledge Base does not require log-in credentials.

Both agents and admins for a property can access the Knowledge Base without restrictions.

Your request has been acknowledged and updates will be posted once the feature has been approved and implemented.

Let me know if you have any other questions, require assistance, or just want to talk to someone at tawk.to. Here is a link to my calendar: https://calendly.com/siennarubio/30min. I’d be happy to help!

13. Exporting tickets/messages to third party ticketing system

Please add an automatic export option so that tickets received in Tawk can be exported to a third-party ticketing system.

It's currently offered as a manual process, but it would be nice to have that as an option.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

We have a Webhooks function that supports the following events:

Chat Start
    Chat End
    New Ticket

For more in-depth information on how our webhooks work, visit our developer portal at https://developer.tawk.to/webhooks/

Our JavaScript API documentation provides a flexible set of methods that may work for your web projects.

You can check our JavaScript documentation here:https://developer.tawk.to/jsapi/.

14. Add chat already open message on mobile

I think the current chat behaviour on mobile phones is a bit confusing for users. Currently, on a mobile device, the chat is open in a new tab. Although I think it would be clearer to have it open as a (maximized) pop. I see you had such a feature already but removed it again.
    I think the current chat behaviour on mobile phones is a bit confusing for users. Currently, on a mobile device, the chat is open in a new tab. Although I think it would be clearer to have it open as a (maximized) pop. I see…

12 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  New features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

To All Our Valued Users,

This how the chat widget behaves on a mobile device:

1. If the chat widget is configured as a POPOUT, the chat widget will open in a separate tab purely for a chat.

Visitors will have to come back to the main tab if they wish to navigate your website.

2. If the chat widget is configured to MAXIMIZE, the chat widget will open within the current tab and the chat widget will follow the visitor as they navigate your website.

It will notify the visitor if there is an unread message in the same way it would for a text message on a mobile phone — a little red 1 or 2 appears on the widget.

To configure the chat widget behaviour, do the following:

1. Click the Administration Tab
    2. Select Chat…

15. Add option to set timezone from GMT0 to any other in email notification.

Add option to set timezone from GMT0 to any other in email notification. Other wise we are in GTM0 Summer time that is +1 hour and email notifications gets -1 hour in supper time...

Thank you.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

Our chat transcript email is currently set to display the GMT 0 timezone.

Let me know if you have any other questions, require assistance, or just want to talk to someone at tawk.to. Here is a link to my calendar: https://calendly.com/siennarubio/30min. I’d be happy to help!

16. Hide Chats I Have Not Joined

I'm wondering how we can make it so that my colleague can only filter to see the chats they are responsible for rather than having everyone's chats fill their screen as well.

For example: My colleagues were successful in "Joining" individual chats, but when one person (Colleague A) would join a chat, they could also see the chat Colleague B and Colleague C were having. This was being listed in the Active Chats tab. I'm wondering if there can be a way hide the chat if the person is not the individual responsible.

I recognize this is defaulted in the…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

Thank you for choosing tawk.to and for sharing your question here.

Currently, a feature is not available for assigning chats to specific agents or hiding chats from other agents. All chats can be viewed by all members of a property.

I would suggest creating a department.

Here’s how the department function works in the tawk.to chat:

​1. Chats can be assigned to departments. All agents, including those who are not assigned to a chat, can see the incoming chats. However, only those who are assigned to the department will get a notification.

​2. This allows for easy chat take-over, especially if the transfer is from one department to another.

3. ​When a chat is assigned to a department, other agents only hear notification sounds if there are no agents currently online in the department the visitor has selected. So the only time all agents are notified…

17. 2 colum in one row

could you add a new feature like 2 colum in one row

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Remove messages in a specific language to spam

We getting so many spam messages everyday in our ticket box. Please make it possible (like in uservoice) to move message in a specific language (e.g. russian) to spam.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  New features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi,

At the moment, we don’t have a folder or language filter for SPAM messages.

What we have, however, is the BAN feature that restricts users from using your chat widget.

1. Banning a visitor

You can ban specific visitors from your active chats and offline messages.
    Visit this link to learn more: https://help.tawk.to/article/banning-a-visitor

2. Banning/blocking the widget by location

You can block a specific country, such as Russia in your case, to hide the widget from visitors of that country.

Helpful link: https://help.tawk.to/article/blocking-the-widget-by-location

19. Voting system for customers

A lot of times customers talk about new features or suggestion that are the same. It would be cool to have a list to bring them there, and where they could vote (like in this feedback tool).

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

We are currently using the Uservoice platform to get our users’ feedback and votes.

At this stage, we don’t have a polling system in our dashboard with the same function as the Uservoice.

20. to notify user on mobile phone, when sessions get's automatically logout from mobile app

Please add a feature to notify user on mobile phone, when sessions get's automatically logout from mobile app.

Currently, I don't know when the session gets expired on cellphone and after 1-2 months, I resign into the mobile app

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base