Feedback

Suggest a new feature or improvement to current ones to make tawk.to the best service available!

To report a bug, please write to support@tawk.to describing the issue you are facing with screenshots (if necessary).

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Allow a trigger to be created when a chat is initiated

When a customer starts the chat after completing the pre-chat form, it would be a good idea to have a trigger to auto respond.

This lets the customer know that the chat has been initiated our end.

27 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    6 comments  ·  Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

To All Our Valued Users,

Thank you for choosing tawk.to and for taking the time to provide us with your feedback.

Definitely! You can create a trigger that fires after your visitor fills in the form. I have personally tested these advanced trigger settings and the trigger successfully fires with the message I’vecreated. (Example: “Hi, Thank you for reaching out”)

You can do as follows:
    1. Select Administration Section > Trigger > Add Trigger

2. Select Trigger Type > Advanced

3. Type the Trigger Name and Description

4. Under CONDITION > When a visitor sends a chat message

5. Under CHECK > All of the following conditions 1. Account Status > Equals > Online

6. Under ACTIONS > Send message to visitor

7. Type the agent’s name and your message
    (This is where you can input a message letting your customer know that the chat has been initiated.)

I hope…

2. Disable Spam or whitelist

When tickets are sent via mail to the system, they are sometimes recognized as spam, and you do not get an information about this ticket via mail.

If would be great to disable the spam-filter or whitelist some email-adress-ranges

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

To All Our Valued Users,

Thank you for choosing tawk.to and for sharing your challenge here.

There are numerous reasons why tawk.to tickets were sent to your SPAM folder. 

These may include specific mail filter rules concerning headers and other technical aspects of email.

If you’re unable to receive any emails from tawk.to, please whitelist the following emails on your mail server: noreply@tawk.to and tickets@tawk.to

Let me know if you have any other questions, require assistance, or just want to talk to someone at tawk.to. Here is a link to my calendar: https://calendly.com/siennarubio/30min. I’d be happy to help!

3. Add total support of numerical domains

Please add support of domains that are completely numerical.
    e.x. 7147507.com
    1) Support of adding this domain as a property
    2) Support emails for agents with such numerical domains e.x. worker@7147507.com

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

At the moment, our system does not accept any numeric domain names or email addresses that contain numeric domains.

We’ve acknowledged your request and have forwarded it to the dev team. Updates will be posted once the feature has been approved and implemented.

If you have any other questions, require assistance, or just want to talk to someone at tawk.to, here is a link to my calendar: https://calendly.com/siennarubio/30min. I’d be happy to help!

4. Option to disable the email in the ticketing system

We need to use the ticketing system only for internal control - we don't want to share the tickets with customers;

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

The purpose of the ticketing system is to converse with customers via email.

An email address is required for the system to work.

Alternatively, you can enter your own support email in the details section to activate the ticketing system internally.

Helpful link: https://help.tawk.to/article/creating-and-responding-to-tickets

Your request has been acknowledged and updates will be posted once the feature has been approved and implemented.

Let me know if you have any other questions, require assistance, or just want to talk to someone at tawk.to. Here is a link to my calendar: https://calendly.com/siennarubio/30min. I’d be happy to help!

5. Ticket and chat transcript and webhook

I want an option in the admin page that when toggled on, all tickets created from chats will automatically include the chat transcript in the ticket message. On the webhook for "ticket created" event, I want also those transcript to be sent as part of the JSON data.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

Thank you for choosing tawk.to and for reaching out.

Each chat that’s converted to a ticket has a chat transcript attached to it.

Select the ‘Click to view’ option to view the chat transcript.

We currently don’t have a toggle switch for making an automated conversion.

We don’t have a feature for sending a file in a JSON format for a Webhook’ ticket created’ event.

We’ve acknowledged your request and have forwarded it to the dev team. They will work with this suggestion and will add the feature in due course.

If you have any other questions, require assistance, or just want to talk to someone at tawk.to, here is a link to my calendar: https://calendly.com/siennarubio/30min. I’d be happy to help!

6. 3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Drilldown of Neutral / Negative chats / Positive Chats

It would be a good idea when pulling the chats report that we could drill down into the specific chats that were rated Negative/ Positive or not at all.

This is an integral part of driving conversion rates and in turn customer satisfaction.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

To All Our Valued Users,

This is Sienna from tawk.to. Thank you for reaching out.

We couldn’t agree more that customer feedback is an integral part of providing excellent customer service.

Thank you for taking the time to share your ideas here.

At this stage, we don’t have the functionality to download detailed reports of feedback.

Our developers are continuing to build out our messaging product. We’ve acknowledged your request and have forwarded it to the dev team.

We will post updates once the feature has been approved and implemented.

8. to make chats open and available to send msg from the agent side and close them manually

Well I have users in my tech support requesting for problem resolvings but when the user leaves the site for a while it closes the chat session and agents cant reach the user back. in my case the users category are those who doesnt ahve any idea on how to use email., so that we cant reach them via email. and would be great if U could make chat sessions static,e.g. whenever user goes back to the site he can see the new messages form the agent from the previous conversation

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Make transcript chat organized by Categorized choice on Pre Chat Form

I want to make transcript chat organized by the category choice from pre chat form, so I don't need to giving tag on transcript chat one by one. So, I can filtering chat by category

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Highlight active filters in KB articles

In the Knowledge Base it would be convenient to highlight the active filters in the articles, so that it is clearer to see which filters have been activated, distinguishing them from those that retain their initial values.

Especially necessary in the case of Categories.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Link to a specific part of the document in KB

Link to a specific part of the document, the headings (H1, H2, H3 ...) to be exact, and thus have a visible index or, at least, have the direct link in that specific part of the document.

It is very convenient to be able to have a subtitle link to refer to the part of the document that interests you.

https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/HTML/Element/a#linking_to_an_element_on_the_same_page

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Add knowledge base functionality to API

It would be a great addition to allow opening knowledge base categories & articles in the chat window through the Tawk javascript API.

This way we can integrate the Tawk package into our software even more seamlessly.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

To All Our Valued Users,

Great news! We have just released a major update to our chat widget.

See our latest release here: https://www.tawk.to/category/updates/

This new update will answer your concern about allowing your users to open the Knowledge Base categories and articles within the chat widget.

The “Widget Card” feature will let you add a search bar, highlight an article or show an article list.

To learn more about how to customize the Widget Cards, visit this link: https://help.tawk.to/article/customizing-the-widget-header-and-body-cards

13. typescript support

It would be awesome to have at least some TypeScript Types or TypeScript Interfaces.

I created a tawk Interface to make it easier for my colleagues to avoid mistakes while using the Tawk JavaScript api.

interface TawkApiInterface {
        setAttributes: (attributes : { [key : string] : any }, callback ?: () => any) => any;
        endChat: () => any;
        getStatus: () => any;
        …and so on
    }

So i can use it like this:

const tawkApi : TawkApiInterface = (window as any).Tawk_API;

So i get an error in my code editor when i try to use it like this:

//
    3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

To All Our Valued Users,

As per our developer, our documentation states that our API functions accept two params, and the second is a callback function, so it needs to be a function.

I hope this addresses your concern.

14. Het bericht dat je ziet als je de chat beeindigt, te kunnen aanpassen naar eigen wens.

Nu wordt bijvoorbeeld automatisch "u" gebruikt, maar wij spreken liever met "je". Dit kan ik nu niet aanpassen.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

To All Our Valued Users,

Thank you for choosing tawk.to and for taking the time to share your ideas here.

We currently don’t have a feature for modifying the “Your chat has ended” message.

We’ve acknowledged your request and have forwarded it to the dev team. They will work with this suggestion and will add the feature in due course.

15. knowledge board

This is all for the knowledge board

1)knowledge board table needs to have the standard add/remove, before/after once the table has been added

2) WYSIWYG in the knowledge board paragraph

3) knowledge board add code tool does not seem to work and confused by the option on the left when adding the code because it does not make the choice that is picked

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

To All Our Valued Users,

This is Sienna from tawk.to. Thank you for reaching out and sharing your challenge and ideas here.

The code formatting feature in the paragraph block of the Knowledge Base displays a representation of code only. At this time, we do not have the ability to edit code directly in the Knowledge Base.

Rows may currently be added and subtracted from tables by modifying the number of rows in the panel to the left.

At this time, the best way to preview content blocks before completion is to publish the article to private and click the preview link.

We have taken note of your suggestions and will post updates once the features have been approved and implemented.

Let me know if you have any other questions, require assistance, or just want to talk to someone at tawk.to. Here is a link to my calendar: https://calendly.com/siennarubio/30min.…

16. allow posting images side by side, two column format

i would like the ability to post two images side by side on the same row.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Allow messages to still be sent, even when offline (as an option)

While offline mode is a great thing, it would be much preferred in my case to allow messages to still be received through the chat widget, even if all support staff are offline. (I.e. only have an online mode (24/7 mode))

This avoids the user having to change context from messages to emails.

This way when support are back online they can respond to the pending chat messages, in the same place the user is expecting it.

It's similar then to what happens when you get a message from a friend, you just pick up where you left off, instead…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

To All Our Valued Users,

Thank you for choosing tawk.to and for sharing your question here.

I would suggest setting the status for all the agents to AWAY.

Setting the status to ‘Away’ lets visitors know your agents are busy and may not be able to answer the chat.

Your visitors will be able to send messages as usual and your agents will continue to receive chats in the Dashboard.

Please note that your ring notifications will still be active and your agents will receive the ring 24/7 by default. You may ask your agents to turn off the ring notifications during the hours in which they are not working.

The following links will help you customize your Away greetings and widget content.

1. Changing the greetings on your widget
    https://help.tawk.to/article/changing-greetings-on-your-widget

2. Customizing the widget header and body cards
    https://help.tawk.to/article/customizing-the-widget-header-and-body-cards

If you have any other questions, require assistance, or…

18. Allow the phone app to stay signed in

The phone app session times out every day. As I am a small business with only me monitoring, I need the phone app to stay signed in. It makes it even more painful signing in on the phone app every day as I have a strong password.

Please add a setting to allow the phone app to stay signed in.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

To All Our Valued Users,

As long as you didn’t LOG OUT from the app, you should still be able to answer chats, receive notifications and open the app without logging back in.

I have tested it on my end, and the mobile app didn’t require me to type my username and password.

I hope this addresses the issue.

Let me know if you have any other questions, require assistance, or just want to talk to someone at tawk.to here is a link to my calendar – https://calendly.com/siennarubio/30min; I’d be happy to help!

19. Possibility to edit texts in coversation

Can you makle possible to edit texts when I amde mistake in conversation with visitor?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

To All Our Valued Users,

We currently have no editing feature for sent messages.

I would recommend creating shortcuts, or canned responses, for repetitive replies. Setting up shortcuts saves time and keeps your answers accurate and consistent.

Learn more here: https://help.tawk.to/article/creating-and-managing-shortcuts

Your request has been acknowledged and updates will be posted once the feature has been approved and implemented.

Should you have any questions, require assistance, or just want to talk to someone at tawk.to here is a link to my calendar – https://calendly.com/siennarubio/30min; I’d be happy to help!

20. Image on the chat widget instead of the default widget

Could you please give the option to add an image instead of the default chat widget where we can only change colours?

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

To All Our Valued Users,

Thank you for choosing tawk.to and for sharing your question here.

You can upload your own image if you wish to personalize your chat widget.

We also offer different “Attention Grabber” pre-made images that you can choose from to match your website.

To learn more visit this link: https://help.tawk.to/article/changing-the-appearance-of-the-chat-widget

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base