Feedback

Suggest a new feature or improvement to current ones to make tawk.to the best service available!

To report a bug, please write to support@tawk.to describing the issue you are facing with screenshots (if necessary).

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Department Specific Status Messaging

At present, all agents in all departments of a property must be set to Away in order for the Away messaging to appear in the chat widget. It would be much better if this was managed on a Department basis, as the landing page of the widget does (e.g. Dept 1 (online), Dept 2 (offline), Dept 3 (Away). If someone selects Dept 3, it should show the Away messaging if all agents in that Dept are Away. At present it doesn't if someone else is online in another Dept! Please create this feature!

124 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    25 comments  ·  Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

To All Our Valued Users,

Thank you for choosing tawk.to and for reaching out.

This is how the department function works for tawk.to chat.

​1. Chats can be assigned to departments, all AGENTS including those who are not assigned there can see the incoming chats, but only those who are assigned to the department will get a notification.

​2. This is so to allow easy chat take-over especially if the transfer is from one department to another.

3. ​In departments, the other agents only hear the notification sounds if there are no agents currently online in the department the visitor has selected. So the only time it rings for all agents is when a department is selected that has no agents currently online. This is to prevent the chat from going unanswered.

​4. Currently, there is no set-up to hide chats from other departments.

If you…

2. add an Automated Chat Box feature where the user can choose from several different topics or questions and answers can be prescripted....

add an Automated Chat Box feature where the user can choose from several different topics or questions and answers can be prescripted....Then if the person needs additional information there is an option to leave a message and email and we will get back to them.....I saw this on several websites.....one of these website was: https://www.directcell.ca/

123 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    27 comments  ·  Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

To All Our Valued Users,

Thank you for choosing tawk.to and for taking the time to share your ideas here.

Our automation or chatbot feature is currently in our roadmap development.

Your request has been acknowledged and updates will be posted once the feature has been approved and implemented.

Let me know if you have any other questions, require assistance, or just want to talk to someone at tawk.to. Here is a link to my calendar: https://calendly.com/siennarubio/30min. I’d be happy to help!

3. Include Chat When Converting to Ticket

Currently when responding to a missed chat via dashboard-Convert to ticket-Message All the user receives is your response.

When the same user is using your chat and makes many requests a day it is difficult to detect what your response is in reference to. I hope this gets implemented soon. Does anyone else find this helpful??

99 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Set department using setAttributes()

Hello Tawk team,

If user is logged in, we would like to assign it to a specific department using javascript API; this would be great, we are already using setAttributes() on secure mode to set name and email, so set the department using the javascript API should be the next step.

is this on your to do list?

Thanks in advance.

98 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    13 comments  ·  Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. display Visitor's State in addition to the Country

I'm wondering if there are any plans for improving the Visitor's location that's being displayed. I'm currently in the US and we're only able to see the City where the Visitor is from and not the State so it makes things a little hard to gauge and I'm not able to set up an advanced trigger for those users.

Something like this would be very helpful, thank you!

95 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    10 comments  ·  Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

To All Our Valued Users,

At this time, the details in the Monitoring section do not include the state in which the visitor is located.

We have taken note of your suggestion and will post updates once the feature has been approved and implemented.

If you have any other questions, require assistance, or just want to talk to someone at tawk.to, here is a link to my calendar: https://calendly.com/siennarubio/30min. I’d be happy to help!

6. Allow us to position the chat icon wherever we want

My website is gharbaithegrocery.com...
    I need to position the icon a bit lower and towards the right so that i could adjust it to my website

92 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    8 comments  ·  Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi,

This is Sienna from tawk.to. Thank you for reaching out.

We currently don’t have a feature for changing the margin settings of the chat widget.

The tawk.to chat widget offers six different positions from which you can choose: top and bottom corners, middle-right side and middle-left side.

We have just released a major update to our chat widget. You can now set a separate position for your chat widget on Desktop and mobile devices.

Follow these steps to change the position of the chat widget on mobile:

1. Click the Administration cog in the lower-left corner of your Dashboard.
    2. Select Chat Widget.
    3. Under Widget Appearance, select Advanced.
    4. Under Mobile Widget, select your preferred Mobile Widget Position.

Helpful link: https://help.tawk.to/article/customizing-the-widget-header-and-body-cards

7. Let only the administrator see what everybody is chatting, not the entire sales team.

I have just started using tawk.to in one of my client's website. Although I have just noticed that my whole sales team sees what everybody is chatting. It would be perfect if only the administrator saw other people's conversation. Would that be possible? Thank you.

88 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

To All Our Valued Users,

Thank you for choosing tawk.to and for sharing your ideas with us.

We currently don’t have an option for hiding chats from other agents or departments.

All chats can be viewed by all members of a property.

Your request has been acknowledged and updates will be posted once the feature has been approved and implemented.

Let me know if you have any other questions, require assistance, or just want to talk to someone at tawk.to. Here is a link to my calendar: https://calendly.com/siennarubio/30min. I’d be happy to help!

8. Chat Specific Routing to Agent or Department

Is it possible to route the chat request to the specific agent or to the specific department? I created department -> Prechatform but then when the visitor selects Department then all agents gets alert and all agents in different department can join, which makes having department in not useful.
    So can we have a way to perform this

86 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    19 comments  ·  Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

To All Our Valued Users,

Currently, we cant assign chats to a specific agent. However, Departments are especially helpful for big teams, allowing you to make sure only the right agents answer visitors as they can be selected as an option in a pre-chat form.

Departments are also useful when assigning tickets. You can assign a ticket to a particular department which means everyone in the department will receive the email/notification.

This is how the Department function works for tawk.to chat.

​1. Chats can be assigned to Departments. All Agents, including those who are not assigned there, can see the incoming chats. However, only those who are assigned to the department will get a notification.

​2. This allows for easy chat take-over, especially if the transfer is from one Department to another.

3. ​In Departments, the other agents…

9. Temporarily silence agent group chat while leaving others audible

It would be nice to be able to turn off certain agent group chats from time to time while leaving other agent chats audible. I only need to pop into our company group chat from time to time to post something, and do not to hear or monitor it all day long. My only options to quiet it are to turn down the volume, in which I may miss an important one on one chat, or leave the group and have someone add me back to the group again when I need to post something.

85 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

To All Our Valued Users,

We currently don’t have an option for muting specific agents/group chats in the dashboard.

If you have any other questions, require assistance, or just want to talk to someone at tawk.to, here is a link to my calendar: https://calendly.com/siennarubio/30min. I’d be happy to help!

10. Offline form should create at ticket (instead of message)

When a customer writes in an offline-form. The message should start as a ticket.

If anyone wanted to reply (and they always do), they have top copy the text into a ticket, and then reply to the ticket.

This is time consuming, and not user-friendly.

Sollution: Just make it start as a ticket. Everyone is happy (and probably expects a ticket anyway)

83 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    16 comments  ·  Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Property admin should be able to delete group chat member

Hi i would like to suggest that Property admin should be able to delete group chat member without asking the agent to leave individually.

82 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    9 comments  ·  Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

To All Our Valued Users,

Thank you for choosing tawk.to and for sharing your challenge here.

Regarding your concern, once the members have been removed from the property, you will not be able to delete their names manually in the group chat list.

I would recommend asking the members to “leave” the chat group FIRST before deleting them from the property. Alternatively, create a new group chat with the rest of the team members.

To learn more about group chats, visit the following links:

1. Creating a group chat: https://help.tawk.to/article/creating-a-group-chat

2. Adding direct messages and group chats to tabs:
    https://help.tawk.to/article/adding-direct-messages-and-group-chats-to-tabs

3. Managing group chats: https://help.tawk.to/article/managing-group-chats

Let me know if you have any other questions, require assistance, or just want to talk to someone at tawk.to. Here is a link to my calendar: …

12. Allow departments to be sorted, reordered

Currently if the department selector is included in the pre-chat form, the departments are sorted by the order in which they were created.

It would be much better if we could control the order. Alphabetical wouldn't work as that's not always the case so it would make sense to just be able to drag the items of the departments page into the order we wanted.

82 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    10 comments  ·  Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

To All Our Valued Users,

At the moment, we don’t have the option to re-order the sequence of the Departments listed in the Pre-Chat Form.

We have taken note of your suggestion and will post updates once the feature has been approved and implemented.

13. Disable Change name option

Disable the user to change the name from "Options" located below left.

80 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

To All Our Valued Users,

Thank you for choosing tawk.to and for taking the time to share your ideas here.

At the moment, there is no option to customize the ‘Change Name’ option on the chat widget.

Visitors will have the ability to update any misspelled or incorrect names when they initially send a chat.

14. Enable Offline mode without dropping active chats - Critical Feature

Hi,

We have tried using your chat as alternative to Jivochat. All is great except one important feature.

When we have too many clients online and our agents cant process all chats, we need to be able to enable Offline mode on website so we are able to complete chats with existing customers before taking on the new ones.

Right now the only option to enable offline mode is:
    a) all agents should log off
    b) Stop accepting chat on via (Accept Chats from -> our website->No)

If we do one of the options above, all active chats are dropped…

80 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    8 comments  ·  Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

To All Our Valued Users,

We currently don’t have an option for chatting in Offline mode.

Once the widget/agent status is set to Offline, you will not be able to send a chat even if you are in the middle of the conversation.

To join the conversation, set your status to ‘Online’ or ‘Away’.

15. Add an "attach file" form field in the offline form

It would be nice if my clients and/or leads could attach a file (photo/picture/doc) in the offline form to send us detailed information. It would really help us to properly address their needs without having to ask them to send the file by email later.

76 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    15 comments  ·  Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

To All Our Valued Users,

Thank you for choosing tawk.to and for sharing your suggestions.

There is not currently a feature allowing visitors to attach files in the offline message form.

We have noted your suggestion and will post updates once the feature has been approved and implemented.

If you have any other questions, require assistance, or just want to talk to someone at tawk.to, here is a link to my calendar — https://calendly.com/siennarubio/30min. I’d be happy to help!

16. FAQ's for when offline

Create option to add 1-4 FAQ's which people see and can click on to get an immediate answer when chat is offline.

71 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

To All Our Valued Users,

Thank you for choosing tawk.to and for sharing your ideas with us.

Great news! We have just released a major update to our chat widget.

See our latest release here: https://www.tawk.to/category/updates/

You can now enjoy the chat widget’s new look and features. This includes customizing the body cards of your Offline form.

You can add a Knowledge Base search function that will allow your visitors to find answers while your Chat Widget is offline.

Helpful Links:

1. Setting up your Knowledge Base –
    https://help.tawk.to/article/setting-up-your-knowledge-base

2. Creating a new Knowledge Base article –
    https://help.tawk.to/article/creating-a-new-knowledge-base-article

3. Creating Knowledge Base categories –
    https://help.tawk.to/article/creating-knowledge-base-categories

Learn more about how to set up Widget Cards on your Offline form here:

1. Changing the greetings on your widget -
    https://help.tawk.to/article/modifying-widget-greetings

2. Customizing the widget header and body cards -
    https://help.tawk.to/article/customizing-the-widget-header-and-body-cards

If you have any other questions, require assistance, or just want to…

17. Send message via Javascript API

Send message via Javascript API

67 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    12 comments  ·  Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

To All Our Valued Users,

You can check our JavaScript API documentation for a flexible set of methods that may help with your website projects.

You can find our JavaScript documentation here: https://developer.tawk.to/jsapi/.

Should you have any other questions, require assistance, or just want to talk to someone at tawk.to, here is a link to my calendar: https://calendly.com/siennarubio/30min. I’d be happy to help!

18. Prevent Agent from seeing other Agents Chat History

Currently, an Agent is allowed to see and browse All other Agents Chat History, even Admins!

It would be better to disable this feature or let the Admin grant this privilege.

66 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    13 comments  ·  Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

To All Our Valued Users,

At this stage, a property’s chat history can be viewed and accessed by all members of the property.

The Messaging tab makes it easy to access a customer’s previous conservations, tickets, offline messages and missed chats.

Helpful link: https://help.tawk.to/article/viewing-deleting-and-exporting-your-chat-history

19. New Knowledge Base (Private)

Can you please make the Knowledge Base Private, available only to customers within your system?

This is important for enterprise applications that do not want all of their IP exposed to the public.

64 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    9 comments  ·  Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

To All Our Valued Users,

At the moment, our Knowledge Base only has 2 options for visibility: Public and Private mode.

Public articles are available to be read by anyone with access to the URL.

Private articles are only visible by your team within tawk.to apps when signed in to the Property associated with the article.

Related link: https://help.tawk.to/article/creating-a-new-knowledge-base-article

We’re continuing to build out our Knowledge Base product and have taken on your suggestions. We will post updates once the feature has been implemented.
    If you have any other questions, require assistance, or just want to talk to someone at tawk.to here is a link to my calendar – https://calendly.com/siennarubio/30min; I’d be happy to help!

20. Allow to customize the mobile widget text

Some mobile users get confused when they see 'Chat' text on the widget and instead of thinking it's support chat they think it's websites internal messaging system.
    It would be nice if we were able to customize it to say 'Support Chat' or 'Need help?' or something along those lines.

61 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    11 comments  ·  Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

To All Our Valued Users,

Thank you for choosing tawk.to and for sharing your question here.

We currently do not have an attention grabber for mobile. The widget will appear as either a bubble or a rectangular icon to visitors accessing your website with a mobile device.

The word “Chat” in the rectangular widget can not be modified.

Should you have any questions, require assistance, or just want to talk to someone at tawk.to, here is a link to my calendar: https://calendly.com/siennarubio/30min. I’d be happy to help!

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base