Feedback

Suggest a new feature or improvement to current ones to make tawk.to the best service available!

To report a bug, please write to support@tawk.to describing the issue you are facing with screenshots (if necessary).

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Customizing the post-chat experience.

The content of the "your chat has ended" segment should be fully editable. It currently violates several of my property style guidelines and there's nothing I can do about it.

Problems:

The icon color is wrong.
    The text is written in plural. (There is no "us" in my studio)
    The text contains a typographic error that cannot be corrected.

We should be able to:

Remove this entire segment of the CX loop if desired.

Change the icon color.

Remove the icon.

Edit the heading text.

Edit the body text.

21 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    7 comments  ·  Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

To All Our Valued Users,

Thank you for choosing tawk.to and for reaching out.

At this stage, we don’t have a feature to modify ‘your chat has ended’, or the option to edit the text color.

Rest assured, your suggestion has been submitted to our engineers. We will post updates once the feature has been approved and implemented.

Should you have any other questions, require assistance, or just want to talk to someone at tawk.to here is a link to my calendar – https://calendly.com/siennarubio/30min; I’d be happy to help!

2. Add chat already open message on mobile

I think the current chat behaviour on mobile phones is a bit confusing for users. Currently, on a mobile device, the chat is open in a new tab. Although I think it would be clearer to have it open as a (maximized) pop. I see you had such a feature already but removed it again.
    I think the current chat behaviour on mobile phones is a bit confusing for users. Currently, on a mobile device, the chat is open in a new tab. Although I think it would be clearer to have it open as a (maximized) pop. I see…

12 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  New features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

To All Our Valued Users,

This how the chat widget behaves on a mobile device:

1. If the chat widget is configured as a POPOUT, the chat widget will open in a separate tab purely for a chat.

Visitors will have to come back to the main tab if they wish to navigate your website.

2. If the chat widget is configured to MAXIMIZE, the chat widget will open within the current tab and the chat widget will follow the visitor as they navigate your website.

It will notify the visitor if there is an unread message in the same way it would for a text message on a mobile phone — a little red 1 or 2 appears on the widget.

To configure the chat widget behaviour, do the following:

1. Click the Administration Tab
    2. Select Chat…

3. needed a report of visits on the site, you could develop

needed a report of visits on the site, you could develop

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  New features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

To All Our Valued Users,

Thank you for choosing tawk.to and for sharing your question here.

We currently don’t have the option to generate reports for site visits.

We do offer the following functions for viewing your properties’ activities:

1. Statistics in the Dashboard — this offers a quick snapshot of the traffic on your site
    Live Visitors
    History
    Visitors
    Chats
    Page Views
    Reporting

Learn more here: https://help.tawk.to/article/understanding-the-statistics-in-your-dashboard

2. Reporting — download your monthly report

Chat Analytics
    Chat Volume
    Missed Chats
    Average Chat Duration
    User Satisfaction
    First Response Time

Tickets
    Volume New Ticket
    Solved Tickets
    Ticket Source
    Resolution Time
    Tickets Reopened
    First Response Time

Knowledge Base
    Articles
    Searches
    Feedback

3. Weekly Roundups — a snapshot report of the week’s activities
    Visits
    Chats
    Offline messages
    Missed chats
    Tickets
    Online hours
    Engagement rate

We have noted your suggestion and will post updates once the feature has been approved and implemented.

Let me…

4. Knowledge Base before chat

Put a knowledge base field on pre-chat form before visitor proceed to chat. So put a keyword on this knowledge field to find answers before proceed to chat. Check comm100 to see how work.

17 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Allow a trigger to be created when a chat is initiated

When a customer starts the chat after completing the pre-chat form, it would be a good idea to have a trigger to auto respond.

This lets the customer know that the chat has been initiated our end.

27 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

To All Our Valued Users,

Thank you for choosing tawk.to and for taking the time to provide us with your feedback.

Definitely! You can create a trigger that fires after your visitor fills in the form. I have personally tested these advanced trigger settings and the trigger successfully fires with the message I’vecreated. (Example: “Hi, Thank you for reaching out”)

You can do as follows:
    1. Select Administration Section > Trigger > Add Trigger

2. Select Trigger Type > Advanced

3. Type the Trigger Name and Description

4. Under CONDITION > When a visitor sends a chat message

5. Under CHECK > All of the following conditions 1. Account Status > Equals > Online

6. Under ACTIONS > Send message to visitor

7. Type the agent’s name and your message
    (This is where you can input a message letting your customer know that the chat has been initiated.)

I hope…

6. Drilldown of Neutral / Negative chats / Positive Chats

It would be a good idea when pulling the chats report that we could drill down into the specific chats that were rated Negative/ Positive or not at all.

This is an integral part of driving conversion rates and in turn customer satisfaction.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

To All Our Valued Users,

This is Sienna from tawk.to. Thank you for reaching out.

We couldn’t agree more that customer feedback is an integral part of providing excellent customer service.

Thank you for taking the time to share your ideas here.

At this stage, we don’t have the functionality to download detailed reports of feedback.

Our developers are continuing to build out our messaging product. We’ve acknowledged your request and have forwarded it to the dev team.

We will post updates once the feature has been approved and implemented.

If you have any other questions, require assistance, or just want to talk to someone at tawk.to, here is a link to my calendar: https://calendly.com/siennarubio/30min. I’d be happy to help!

7. Reply message with customer name automatically

Can make it reply message to [customer name] automatically

22 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

To All Our Valued Users,

We currently don’t have a feature that will automatically include your customer’s name in the message.

An alternative way to capture your customer’s details is to use the Pre-Chat form.

The form will require the visitor to fill in the fields such as their name and email address, a phone number and location.

Once you have retrieved your customer’s information, you can send them a personalized message.

You can even create shortcuts for repetitive replies and add their name before sending the message.

These canned responses can be used while chatting with visitors. They save you time and make sure your responses are accurate and consistent. They also ensure spelling and grammar are correct.

Please note: The Pre-Chat form can act as a deterrent to some visitors and in turn reduce your engagement rate. Statistically, using…

8. Knowledge Base - backup feature

Currently Tawk's KB is not supported with an option to backup all articles & categories. Considering if a user want to migrate the KB to other platform which has more features, then it might be good to have an option to backup all KB data to be migrated.

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Add knowledge base functionality to API

It would be a great addition to allow opening knowledge base categories & articles in the chat window through the Tawk javascript API.

This way we can integrate the Tawk package into our software even more seamlessly.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

To All Our Valued Users,

Great news! We have just released a major update to our chat widget.

See our latest release here: https://www.tawk.to/category/updates/

This new update will answer your concern about allowing your users to open the Knowledge Base categories and articles within the chat widget.

The “Widget Card” feature will let you add a search bar, highlight an article or show an article list.

To learn more about how to customize the Widget Cards, visit this link: https://help.tawk.to/article/customizing-the-widget-header-and-body-cards

If you have any other questions, require assistance, or just want to talk to someone at tawk.to, here is a link to my calendar: https://calendly.com/siennarubio/30min. I’d be happy to help!

10. typescript support

It would be awesome to have at least some TypeScript Types or TypeScript Interfaces.

I created a tawk Interface to make it easier for my colleagues to avoid mistakes while using the Tawk JavaScript api.

interface TawkApiInterface {

setAttributes: (attributes : { [key : string] : any }, callback ?: () => any) => any;
    endChat: () => any;
    getStatus: () => any;
    …and so on
    }

So i can use it like this:

const tawkApi : TawkApiInterface = (window as any).Tawk_API;

So i get an error in my code editor when i try to use it like this:

//
    3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

To All Our Valued Users,

As per our developer, our documentation states that our API functions accept two params, and the second is a callback function, so it needs to be a function.

I hope this addresses your concern.

11. Chatbot to make suggested knowledge base articles based on the question from the user.

Suggested knowledge base articles based on the question, followed by 'did this answer your question?' before an agent is required.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. An option to do a chat form AFTER a chat has started - instead of PRE CHAT

We have realized we lose a LOT of chat requests because people do not want to give the email and name prior to starting a conversation. We disable the pre chat form and we get twice or 3x the amount of live chats but now we do not have the customers information. I have noticed MANY other chat clients use a feature where you can start talking - then they have a section on top or in the chat for the customer to add their email or name if they want to. The pre chat form scares off a lot…

24 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  New features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

To All Our Valued Users,

Thank you for choosing tawk.to and for taking the time to provide us with your feedback and suggestions.

We value your input and we thank you for the continued support toward our product.

In relation to your concern, currently, we don’t have the feature where the user can input their details while in an active chat.

However, I suggest using the shortcut feature to create relevant and useful canned responses. This will assist you to retrieve their details while your agents are on chats.

Visit this link to know more: https://help.tawk.to/article/creating-and-managing-shortcuts

Should you have any questions, require assistance, or just want to talk to someone at tawk.to, here is a link to my calendar: https://calendly.com/siennarubio/30min. I’d be happy to help!

13. Badge icons

Please add badge icons to IOS and Android devices as this feature should be traditionally native on most apps.

I am posting a new post as the last one was posted 2 years ago and it does not seem to be resolved.

A lot of online companies use mobile devices to do majority of work nowadays. This is a incredibly important feature as no body will know if they have messages outstanding without a badge notification.

Thanks

60 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    17 comments  ·  IOS app  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

To All Our Valued Users,

Thank you for choosing tawk.to and for sharing your challenge here.

At this stage, we currently don’t have the red indicator badge icon on our tawk.to mobile app.

We do, however, have sound and banner notifications for both iOS and Android devices:

1. iOS: https://help.tawk.to/article/enabling-sound-and-badge-notifications-on-ios

2. Android: https://help.tawk.to/article/enabling-notifications-on-android

We’re continuing to build out our Messaging product and have taken on your suggestion.

We will post updates once the feature has been implemented.

Let me know if you have any other questions, require assistance, or just want to talk to someone at tawk.to. Here is a link to my calendar: https://calendly.com/siennarubio/30min. I’d be happy to help!

14. Add the ability to change the order of Knowledge Base articles using drag and drop.

Allow Knowledge Base article creators to easily rearrange the order of the articles.

14 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

To All Our Valued Users,

Thank you for choosing tawk.to and for sharing your suggestions.

This is a great idea! A function that allows you to change the order of your KB articles depending on your preferred sequence.

Rest assured, your suggestion has been submitted to our engineers. We will post updates once the feature has been approved and implemented.

Should you have any questions, require assistance, or just want to talk to someone at tawk.to here is a link to my calendar – https://calendly.com/siennarubio/30min; I’d be happy to help!

15. Allow the phone app to stay signed in

The phone app session times out every day. As I am a small business with only me monitoring, I need the phone app to stay signed in. It makes it even more painful signing in on the phone app every day as I have a strong password.

Please add a setting to allow the phone app to stay signed in.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. New Knowledge Base (Private)

Can you please make the Knowledge Base Private, available only to customers within your system?

This is important for enterprise applications that do not want all of their IP exposed to the public.

38 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

To All Our Valued Users,

At the moment, our Knowledge Base only has 2 options for visibility: Public and Private mode.

Public articles are available to be read by anyone with access to the URL.

Private articles are only visible by your team within tawk.to apps when signed in to the Property associated with the article.

Related link: https://help.tawk.to/article/creating-a-new-knowledge-base-article

We’re continuing to build out our Knowledge Base product and have taken on your suggestions. We will post updates once the feature has been implemented.
    If you have any other questions, require assistance, or just want to talk to someone at tawk.to here is a link to my calendar – https://calendly.com/siennarubio/30min; I’d be happy to help!

17. knowledgebase

API for KnowledgeBase
    So we can grab -
    1) Title
    2) Image
    3) Date Created

This will help us link back to knowledgebase from our website (read more)

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

To All Our Valued Users,

We currently don’t have API documentation for our Knowledge Base.

We’re continuing to build out our Knowledge Base product and have taken on your suggestions.
    We will post updates once the feature has been implemented.

Should you have any questions, require assistance, or just want to talk to someone at tawk.to, here is a link to my calendar: https://calendly.com/siennarubio/30min. I’d be happy to help!

18. Image on the chat widget instead of the default widget

Could you please give the option to add an image instead of the default chat widget where we can only change colours?

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

To All Our Valued Users,

Thank you for choosing tawk.to and for sharing your question here.

You can upload your own image if you wish to personalize your chat widget.

We also offer different “Attention Grabber” pre-made images that you can choose from to match your website.

To learn more visit this link: https://help.tawk.to/article/changing-the-appearance-of-the-chat-widget

Let me know if you have any other questions, require assistance, or just want to talk to someone at tawk.to. Here is a link to my calendar: https://calendly.com/siennarubio/30min. I’d be happy to help!

19. Get active or logged-in wordpress username or names automatically

About the tawk.to plugin for WordPress, I believe it would be impressive to have the names or usernames of logged on users updated automatically when they are online to use the tawk.to app to reach administrators.

That's what they expect and that's what we expect too. Having to make everyone type in their names or usernames for identification every time they use their mobile phones, desktop browser, incognito mode or change to a totally new browser is rather inconvenient.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

To All Our Valued Users,

Thank you for choosing tawk.to and for sharing your challenge here.

We currently don’t have an auto log-in or auto-save feature to automatically log in users on their WordPress sites using the tawk.to plug-in.

We’ve acknowledged your request and have forwarded it to the dev team. They will work with this suggestion and will add the feature in due course.

Should you have any questions, require assistance, or just want to talk to someone at tawk.to here is a link to my calendar – https://calendly.com/siennarubio/30min; I’d be happy to help!

20. Encrypt messages to Ticket Forwarding Email

When sending an email to the message system YOURCODE@tickets.tawk.to the emails are not encrypted.
    This represents a significant security risk for sensitive customer data

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

To All Our Valued Users,

Thank you for choosing tawk.to

As per our developer, we transmit our emails through TLS secure channels if the receiving party supports these channels.

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base