Feedback

Suggest a new feature or improvement to current ones to make tawk.to the best service available!

To report a bug, please write to support@tawk.to describing the issue you are facing with screenshots (if necessary).

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

To All Our Valued Users,

Thank you for choosing tawk.to and for sharing your ideas with us.

At this stage, we don’t have the option to modify and re-arrange the fields of your Ticket form.

Your request has been acknowledged and updates will be posted once the feature has been approved and implemented.

Let me know if you have any other questions, require assistance, or just want to talk to someone at tawk.to. Here is a link to my calendar: https://calendly.com/siennarubio/30min. I’d be happy to help!

2. Pre-Chat Form text mirrors status text

Currently, when using Pre-Chat Form, your status text is mirrored (Online or Away), but the text below will remain the text you used for your Pre-Chat Form setting. It would be better, in my opinion, for this to also mirror the status text.

For example: Online! "Fill in the form and one of our agents will assist." / Away! "We're away at the moment, but fill in the form and one of our agents will assist once they return."

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

To All Our Valued Users,

Thank you for choosing tawk.to and for sharing your challenge here.

At the moment, the Pre-chat form message will stay the same whether you have the Online or Away status on your chat widget.

The greetings can only be modified separately if you remove the Pre-chat form.

We’ve acknowledged your request and have forwarded it to the dev team. They will work with this suggestion and will add the feature in due course.

Let me know if you have any other questions, require assistance, or just want to talk to someone at tawk.to. Here is a link to my calendar: https://calendly.com/siennarubio/30min. I’d be happy to help!

3. Department Specific Status Messaging

At present, all agents in all departments of a property must be set to Away in order for the Away messaging to appear in the chat widget. It would be much better if this was managed on a Department basis, as the landing page of the widget does (e.g. Dept 1 (online), Dept 2 (offline), Dept 3 (Away). If someone selects Dept 3, it should show the Away messaging if all agents in that Dept are Away. At present it doesn't if someone else is online in another Dept! Please create this feature!

124 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    25 comments  ·  Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

To All Our Valued Users,

Thank you for choosing tawk.to and for reaching out.

This is how the department function works for tawk.to chat.

​1. Chats can be assigned to departments, all AGENTS including those who are not assigned there can see the incoming chats, but only those who are assigned to the department will get a notification.

​2. This is so to allow easy chat take-over especially if the transfer is from one department to another.

3. ​In departments, the other agents only hear the notification sounds if there are no agents currently online in the department the visitor has selected. So the only time it rings for all agents is when a department is selected that has no agents currently online. This is to prevent the chat from going unanswered.

​4. Currently, there is no set-up to hide chats from other departments.

If you…

4. please add a padding option or css edit

tawk chat is a great and useful plugin... but! it's must have a padding and margin options most of the users in this plugin is a website builder so it's will be wonderful if tawk add this option

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi,

At this stage, we do not have a feature allowing users to adjust the widget padding or edit the widget using CSS.

Helpful link:
    Changing the appearance of the chat widget: https://help.tawk.to/article/changing-the-appearance-of-the-chat-widget

We’ve acknowledged your request and have escalated it to the Knowledge Base team. They will work with this suggestion and will add the feature in due course.

If you have any other questions, require assistance, or just want to talk to someone at tawk.to, here is a link to my calendar: https://calendly.com/siennarubio/30min. I’d be happy to help!

5. Add a feature to import from intercom

I want to switch from intercom but I'm dissuaded because I don't want to lose track of old conversations & user context.

You could even just have a single standardized import format and then your customers could write scripts to convert various other company's export formats into your import format, and share those scripts with each other!

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Integrations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi,

At this stage, we do not have a feature for migration from Intercom to tawk.to.

Your request has been acknowledged and updates will be posted once the feature has been approved and implemented.

6. Limit Tickets to Users

Users are in the habit of opening several tickets for the same subject.

I would greatly appreciate if a resource were available to limit this feat.

Unfortunately, instead of most answering the Open Ticket, they create more and more, damaging the entire service.

The correct thing would be, after opening a Ticket for Such Customer, he can only respond to this ticket until it is closed.

From now on, grateful for the attention.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

At this stage, there is no limit to the number of offline messages and tickets a visitor may submit from the Knowledge Base.

I would suggest checking a visitor’s ticket history with a search by email address to see if tickets have been created before.

7. Show the full URL of referrals from Google - so we can spot the keywords

At this time, when you get a chat thru, it tells you if it was direct, or from Google.co.uk etc. What it fails to do, is to show you the FULL referral URL, such as: https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=sofa+bed

This is about as vital as it gets, as we can then see how a customer found is, and means we can perhaps put more effort into that keyword search to push us further.

We can ask the customer, but often they forget what they searched for, and have to go back.. . back.. in their browser.

URL Referrals are easy to do in…

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

To All Our Valued Users,

At this stage, we don’t have a feature to show the full referral link of the user’s navigation history in the chat history and Monitoring section.

We’ve acknowledged your request and have forwarded it to the dev team. They will work with this suggestion and will add the feature in due course.

If you have any other questions, require assistance, or just want to talk to someone at tawk.to, here is a link to my calendar: https://calendly.com/siennarubio/30min. I’d be happy to help!

8. Remove the resubmit button after the chat offline form is submitted

When the chat offline form is submitted, a button resubmit is shown, which only resubmits the same form. In this way, we get double offline messages from the same customer. Can you please remove it or make it optional for this form?

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

To All Our Valued Users,

This is Sienna from tawk.to. Thank you for reaching out.

We currently don’t have an option to remove the “Send Again” button on the offline form.

When a user clicks on the Send Again button, it will ask them again to fill in the form.

This is helpful if your visitor needs to add another detail to their inquiry or raise a new message.

Helpful link: How to modify your widget content
    https://help.tawk.to/article/how-to-modify-your-widget-content

Should you have any questions, require assistance, or just want to talk to someone at tawk.to, here is a link to my calendar: https://calendly.com/siennarubio/30min. I’d be happy to help!

9. Hotkey Setting for shortcut / button

Hello,

it is really hard to press hotkey / button on the right side with left hand all the time. It would be nice to have setting to configure button for this for example TAB button. I believe a lot of your clients would like to see this setting.

36 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

To All Our Valued Users,

At the moment, we only have the forward-slash (/) key function to search for Shortcuts.

Should you have any questions, require assistance, or just want to talk to someone at tawk.to, here is a link to my calendar: https://calendly.com/siennarubio/30min. I’d be happy to help!

10. Enable chat agent to insert knowledge article link into customer chat

Can I please suggest you make it easier to share a public knowledge article link with a customer in chat. Copy/paste of an entire article into a small chat window can be overwhelming to a user, and doesn't work if there are images.

As a chat agent i can access a knowledge article on the right panel but there is no way to copy the link. I suggest you place a button so that the article link selected in the panel is either placed directly into the chat or copied to clipboard.

Ideally this could form part of a shortcut…

12 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

To All Our Valued Users,

This is Sienna from tawk.to. Thank you for reaching out and for sharing your feedback about our Knowledge Base.

We are continuing to build out our knowledge base product.

We’ve acknowledged your request and have escalated it to the Knowledge Base team. They will work with this suggestion and will add the feature in due course.

If you have any other questions, require assistance, or just want to talk to someone at tawk.to here is a link to my calendar – https://calendly.com/siennarubio/30min; I’d be happy to help!

11. 6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  New features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi,

Thank you for choosing tawk.to and for sharing your ideas with us.

At the moment, we have an X symbol as a warning sign together with the error message.

12. knowledge base api integration

Would be great to be able to integrate the knowledge base through API

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

To All Our Valued Users,

We currently don’t have an API documentation for our Knowledge Base.

We’re continuing to build out our Knowledge Base product and have taken on your suggestions.

We will post updates once the feature has been implemented.

Should you have any questions, require assistance, or just want to talk to someone at tawk.to here is a link to my calendar – https://calendly.com/siennarubio/30min; I’d be happy to help

13. Deleted users will still show in the Group chats. There is no way to remove them manually.

Deleted users will still show in the Group chats. There is no way to remove them manually.

Even if the users have deleted their Tawk account they still will be shown in all the group chats.

The support team suggests that we may create a new group chat. Not a good idea as we lose the history.

My suggestion is to have these possibilities as a admin to delete undesired or inactive users from the group chats.

30 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  New features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

To All Our Valued Users,

With regards to this concern, once the members were removed from the property, you won’t be able to delete their names manually in the group chat list.

I would recommend asking the members to “leave” the chat group first before deleting them from the property. Alternatively, create a new group chat with the rest of the team members.

To know more about Group Chats, visit the following links:

1. Creating a Group Chat: https://help.tawk.to/article/creating-a-group-chat

2. Adding direct messages and group chats to tabs: https://help.tawk.to/article/adding-direct-messages-and-group-chats-to-tabs

3. Managing Group Chats: https://help.tawk.to/article/managing-group-chats

Let me know if you have any other questions, require assistance, or just want to talk to someone at tawk.to. Here is a link to my calendar: …

14. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  New features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. I think there should be a feature to select the gender (male - female) when starting the conversation

so that when customers text, I will know what gender it is for consultation ( translate.google.com)

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. New Knowledge Base (Private)

Can you please make the Knowledge Base Private, available only to customers within your system?

This is important for enterprise applications that do not want all of their IP exposed to the public.

61 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    9 comments  ·  Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

To All Our Valued Users,

At the moment, our Knowledge Base only has 2 options for visibility: Public and Private mode.

Public articles are available to be read by anyone with access to the URL.

Private articles are only visible by your team within tawk.to apps when signed in to the Property associated with the article.

Related link: https://help.tawk.to/article/creating-a-new-knowledge-base-article

We’re continuing to build out our Knowledge Base product and have taken on your suggestions. We will post updates once the feature has been implemented.
    If you have any other questions, require assistance, or just want to talk to someone at tawk.to here is a link to my calendar – https://calendly.com/siennarubio/30min; I’d be happy to help!

17. its better if I could add a list customers to tawk thereby concurrent customers can be identified next time when they appear on the website

I use tawk but there are many customer who are regular visitor on my site. its convenient to identify them by the admin whenever they appear on my site. At present, they need to introduce themself which looks old age system.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Triathlon Nutrition Myths Debunked by Paul Inouye

Before you lace up your sneakers, Paul Inouye invites us to investigate the common myths surrounding sports performance and nutrition. In addition to being an avid triathlete, he shares his knowledge to help you prepare for and during training.
    How to find the correct diet: There is no one-size-fits-all approach to nutrition. Some aspects of a balanced diet, on the other hand, apply to everybody. Healthy fats and carbohydrates are essential for a well-balanced diet. The three macronutrients have a significant impact on your endurance, longevity, and overall health. Paul Inouye is aware that these foods are excellent sources of…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Add-ons  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. ##- Please type your reply above this line -## - makes no sense

When we want to convert the message to the ticket, our customer will receive email with this line:

- Please type your reply above this line -

But in fact, they can not type above this line and
    Many of our customers discard this email as they try to reply and can not.
    This sentence makes no sense at all.
    How can i edit this line with other content for e.g:
    [Please click the reply button on this email to get in touch with us. Thank you]

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. How to convert PST to MBOX Thunderbird?

If you want to convert PST to MBOX Thunderbird, eSoftTools PST to MBOX Converter Software is a good option. This is a fantastic choice. There are many quick, fast, and gentle acts in it. Email properties are preserved during the PST to MBOX migration. The PST to MBOX conversion program can transform addresses, contacts, calendars, attachments, tasks, notes, and more from PST to MBOX. The trial version is available to all customers and is completely free to download. In the demo edition, you can convert up to 25 email items per file.
    Visit here:- https://www.esofttools.com/pst-to-mbox-converter.html

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  New features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base