Feedback

Suggest a new feature or improvement to current ones to make tawk.to the best service available!

To report a bug, please write to support@tawk.to describing the issue you are facing with screenshots (if necessary).

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. integration of twak.to with website

Hi all
    Hope you are doing good.
    Its my question to support team of twak. I want to integrate this live chat application with my website https://cloptoncapital.com/office-building-financing/ so that I can do chat with my clients easily. Please do let me know how is it possible?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Android app  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Maxmarrie,

This is Elle from tawk.to. Thank you for reaching out.

There are two ways to integrate the tawk.to live chat into your site.

#1 - Copy and paste the tawk.to widget code into your site's HTML section before the closing of the </body tag>

https://www.tawk.to/knowledgebase/getting-started/adding-a-widget-to-your-website/

#2 - Use the module or plugin for a system such as WordPress, Joomla or Shopify. You can find our integration guides in the Help Center:

https://help.tawk.to/category/integrations

https://help.tawk.to/category/shopping-cart-integrations

I believe the best way to assist you would be through a screensharing call. Would you be willing to hop on a call with one of our phone support agents so they can better help you with this? If so, here’s the link to schedule a support call: https://calendly.com/tawk-to-support/tawk-to-customer-support

If you have any tawk.to related concerns, we invite you to reach out on our 24/7 support line. Our live agents are always available to assist…

2. How can I integrate twak with my website

Hi all
    Hope you are doing good.
    Its my question to support team of twak. I want to integrate this live chat application with my website https://www.uniprint.net/en/develop-enterprise-cloud-strategy/ so that I can do chat with my clients easily. Please do let me know how is it possible?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Add-ons  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Maxmarrie,

There are two ways to integrate the tawk.to live chat into your site.

#1 - Copy and paste the tawk.to widget code into your site's HTML section before the closing of the </body tag>
    https://www.tawk.to/knowledgebase/getting-started/adding-a-widget-to-your-website/

#2 - Use the module or plugin for a system such as WordPress, Joomla or Shopify. You can find our integration guides in the Help Center:
    https://help.tawk.to/category/integrations
    https://help.tawk.to/category/shopping-cart-integrations

I believe the best way to assist you would be through a screensharing call. Would you be willing to hop on a call with one of our phone support agents so they can better help you with this? If so, here’s the link to schedule a support call: https://calendly.com/tawk-to-support/tawk-to-customer-support

If you have any tawk.to related concerns, we invite you to reach out on our 24/7 support line. Our live agents are always available to…

3. Include Daily Chat Uptime as part of the reporting. It would be useful in calculating productivity

It would be great if you could incorporate daily chat uptime (how long an agent has been online in a day/ hour). This would be very helpful when trying to look at productivity and efficiency. Right now, the weekly roundup report only gives you a weekly data, which is not sufficient. Thanks.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Add-ons  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi, Jassheena Christopher

Thank you for choosing tawk.to and for sharing your ideas with us.

We currently do not have Productivity statistics for agents in our Reporting panel.

We do, however, have statistics available for each agent’s Average Chat Duration, Response Time and User Satisfaction to help you monitor individual performance.

Your request has been acknowledged and updates will be posted once the feature has been approved and implemented.

If you have any questions or require assistance, we invite you to reach out on our 24/7 support line. Our live agents are always available to assist you.

You can also email our support line at support@tawk.to

Alternatively, you can reach me here at nicola.mangulabnan@tawk.to

4. Please give me option that when I am offline, in the offline form e-mail could be optional. I do not want e-mail in the form

Please give me option that when I am offline, in the offline form e-mail could be optional. I do not want e-mail in the form

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Integrations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Sona,

The Pre-Chat Form is an optional way to gather more information from visitors before inviting them to enter the chat. You can request to submit their name, email, phone number, and other information you relating to their inquiry.

Just be aware that enabling a Pre-Chat Form is likely to decrease the number of chats you receive.

Follow these steps to set-up Pre-chat form and how to exlude email in the form:

1. Select the property you would want to customize.
    2. Select administration. Select :gear: icon in the lower-left corner sidebar.
    3. Select CHAT WIDGET in the sidebar.
    4. In the WIDGET CONTENT section, select "EDIT CONTENT"
    5. Select the Pre-Chat Form radio button, then click the “Switch” from off to on.
    6. Once you have clicked the On Switch you can add the fields you would…

5. Missed opportunities to chat report

It would be helpful to know how many potential customers click on the chat box when we are offline and then turn it off when they realise they have to send an email to get an answer to their problem.
    Essentially there's 4 types of people:
    1. wants to chat and can chat because we're online
    2. Want to chat but can't due to offline, therefore they send a message and leave an email
    3. Want to chat but can't due to offline, sees the option to leave an email and decides to just end the chat instead
    4. Doesn't…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Brad,

Thank you for choosing tawk.to and for reaching out.

Currently, we do not have features that monitor  click volume for specific widget status/activity/behavior. We do, however, have the option to check the general number of visits/visitors, chats/missed chats and offline messages received via the widget. I'd suggest looking at behaviour analytics tools and heatmap software such as Hotjar.

We've acknowledged your request and have forwarded it to our dev team. They will work with this suggestion and will add the feature in due course.

If you have any other questions, require assistance, or just want to talk to someone at tawk.to, here is a link to our calendar: https://calendly.com/tawk-to-support/tawk-to-customer-support. Our live agents are always available 24/7 to assist you.

6. Add a new level of "Associate" member

Currently, we have two levels: Admin and Agent. We would like an additional level of "Associate", so the associate can only see tickets and chats assigned to them. This can be important in some organisations for privacy purposes.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  New features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Jason,

Thank you for choosing tawk.to and for sharing your challenge here.

Currently,  the tawk.to platform allows only Admin and Agent roles.

We've acknowledged your request and have forwarded it to our development team. They will review this suggestion and add the feature in due course.

If you have any other questions, require assistance, or just want to talk to someone at tawk.to, here is a link to our calendar: https://calendly.com/tawk-to-support/tawk-to-customer-support. Our live agents are always available 24/7 to assist you.

7. Default chat goes to one department

Without the customer having to choose, we would like all chat requests to go to our "Level 1 Support" department, and then if they need a Level 2 Support Department" person to join the chat, the level 1 agent can then internally request a level 2 agent to join the chat.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  New features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Jason,

Currently, we cannot assign chats to a specific agent/assistant or create a private channel. All incoming chats can be viewed and answered by all agents logged into the property.

Departments allow you to make sure only the right agents answer visitors. They are also useful when assigning tickets. You can assign a ticket to a particular department, ensuring everyone in the department receives the email/notification.

This is how the department function works for tawk.to chat.

1. When chats are assigned to departments, all agents, including those who are not assigned, can see the incoming chats. However,  only those who are assigned to the department will get a notification. This allows easy chat transfer, especially when the transfer is made from one department to another.

2. Agents outside the selected department will hear the notification sounds only if no agents…

8. Chat Specific Routing to Agent or Department

Is it possible to route the chat request to the specific agent or to the specific department? I created department -> Prechatform but then when the visitor selects Department then all agents gets alert and all agents in different department can join, which makes having department in not useful.
    So can we have a way to perform this

92 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    42 comments  ·  Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

To All Our Valued Users,

Currently, we cant assign chats to a specific agent. However, Departments are especially helpful for big teams, allowing you to make sure only the right agents answer visitors as they can be selected as an option in a pre-chat form.

Departments are also useful when assigning tickets. You can assign a ticket to a particular department which means everyone in the department will receive the email/notification.

This is how the Department function works for tawk.to chat.

​1. Chats can be assigned to Departments. All Agents, including those who are not assigned there, can see the incoming chats. However, only those who are assigned to the department will get a notification.

​2. This allows for easy chat take-over, especially if the transfer is from one Department to another.

3. ​In Departments, the other agents…

9. How to add reviews option on website?

I have a golf related site https://oneplaygolf.com/best-irons-for-10-handicapper/ and I want to add reviews option on it so that our customer can give reviews after buying products from our site.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  New features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Michael,

Thank you for choosing tawk.to and for sharing your question here.

We currently do not have a built-in option offering a customer satisfaction (CSAT) survey after  chat sessions.

We do, however, have a Sentiment feature which allows vistors to provide  positive or negative chat ratings.. This feature also allows you to filter results (e.g. by date or agent) and generate a report based on your visitors’ feedback.

If you wish to check an agent's statistics for User Satisfaction, do the following:

1. In the left sidebar menu of the Dashboard, select the Reporting tab (bar chart icon) in the left sidebar

2. In the Reporting menu, under Live Chat, select User Satisfaction.

3. In the upper menu of the results pane, click the filter feature (funnel icon).

3. Click the Agent field and select an agent in the drop-down menu or select All to see results from all…

10. Customer Feedback Before/After Chat Ending

With TAWK-

1) We are Giving Support, Means a Agent Alice is interacting with customer. Is there something I can send email requesting feedback with our form to it and such email should sent to customer as soon as chat is ended.

2) Same way if I want to collect Feedback as soon as he/she tries to End Chat. I mean before ending chat feedback should be collected?

517 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    44 comments  ·  New features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

To All Our Valued Users,

Thank you for choosing tawk.to and for taking the time to provide us with your feedback and suggestions.

Currently, we have the Sentiments feature in which the visitor can click the thumbs up and down rating in the chat widget as a way of giving their feedback to the chat agent.

We have taken note of your suggestion and will post updates once the feature has been approved and implemented.

If you have any other questions, require assistance, or just want to talk to someone at tawk.to, here is a link to my calendar: https://calendly.com/siennarubio/30min. I’d be happy to help!

11. Can we integrate Pre-Chat Form Details with our CRM Software

We have to collect pre-chat form details in our CRM Software. Please help if we get that from here.

Thanks

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

Yes, that is possible! We currently have Webhook functions for Chat Start, Chat End and New Ticket events.

You can also see our integrations on Zapier and Make.

For more in-depth information on how our webhooks work, visit our developer portal at developer.tawk.to/webhooks/ or https://docs.tawk.help/article/creating-and-managing-webhooks

To learn about our Zapier integrations, visit https://developer.tawk.to/zapier/

To learn about our Make integrations, visit our Help Center: https://docs.tawk.help/article/make

Feel free to schedule an analysis call with us to get recommendations that are unique to your business goals and needs.

https://calendly.com/managed-chat-service/business

If you have any questions or require assistance, we invite you to reach out on our 24/7 support line. Our live agents are always available to assist you.

12. How to add feedback option on site?

I want to add feedback option on my site https://allgoodfishing.com/best-walleye-trolling-rods/, so that customer can give feedback about their experience.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Levi,

We currently do not have a built-in option offering a customer satisfaction (CSAT) survey after  chat sessions.

We do, however, have a Sentiment feature which allows vistors to provide  positive or negative chat ratings.. This feature also allows you to filter results (e.g. by date or agent) and generate a report based on your visitors’ feedback.

If you wish to check an agent's statistics for User Satisfaction, do the following:

1. In the left sidebar menu of the Dashboard, select the Reporting tab (bar chart icon) in the left sidebar

2. In the Reporting menu, under Live Chat, select User Satisfaction.

3. In the upper menu of the results pane, click the filter feature (funnel icon).

3. Click the Agent field and select an agent in the drop-down menu or select All to see results from all…

13. chat window block the full screen

chat window open in a full screen and block the full site

any help ?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Integrations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Stefen,

It sounds as though you have enabled the pop-out feature.

This how the widget behaves on a mobile device:

1. If the chat widget is configured as a POPOUT, the widget will open in a separate tab purely for chat.

Visitors will have to come back to the main tab if they wish to navigate your website.

2. If the widget is configured to MAXIMIZE, the chat widget will open within the current tab and the widget will follow the visitor as they navigate your website.

It will notify the visitor if there is an unread message in the same way it would for a text message on a mobile phone — a little red 1 or 2 appears on the widget.

To configure the widget’s behavior, do the following:

1. Click the ⚙️Administration Tab ➞ Channels ➞…

14. Ability to change email recipient

We currently have ticket auto forwarding enabled. We recieve an email from one of our shopify sites with the content of a contact form. However, since this email is sent via shopify and not by the customer themselves, the ticket recipient is shopify rather than the customer. Instead of having to manually create a new ticket and enter the details. Would it not be better to be able to change the recipient of the ticket?

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Callum,

At the moment, we currently don't offer auto-forwarding.

We have submitted this suggestion to our engineering team and we will post updates as this request moves forward.

15. Agents who are already added, For them need their email id to be displayed either in the property members tab or in some report.

Agents who are already added, For them need their email id to be displayed either in the property members tab or in some report.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Bhagesh

Your email address will only appear if you are invited and in pending. Once you accept the invitation, it will no longer be visible to anyone. A workaround can be by changing your account name to your email address. Then you can use default Alias as you respond to chats.

Your request has been acknowledged and updates will be posted once the feature has been approved and implemented.

Alternatively, you can reach me here at elle@tawk.to

16. Enter the group option so I can easily transfer the data.

I suggest you to add new features such as group chat and adding of transfer power feature so at anytime you can easily enter in group chat and can shift the admin option.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Android app  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Asaad,

Thank you for choosing tawk.to and for sharing your challenge here.

Our Dashboard currently supports direct chat and group messages to the other members of a property. However, we currently don't have a feature for transferring administrative rights in a group chat and that is on our roadmap for development.

You can also create a Group Chat in the Tab section of the Dashboard, However, the online statuses of your agents will only appear in the chat conversation.

The benefit of creating a Group Chat Tab is that you can chat with other agents without having to exit your Dashboard, keeping your workflow in one place.

1. Learn more about setting up direct messages:

https://help.tawk.to/article/setting-up-direct-messages

2. Learn more about creating a Group Chat

https://help.tawk.to/article/creating-a-group-chat

We're continuing to build out our…

17. Availability status on pending mode

Please give the option to put the availability status on pending mode, if the shift is about to end then such an option should be available. Like there should be something like break pending or invisible pending which will not initiate an another chat.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Mahek,

Thank you for choosing tawk.to and for taking the time to provide us your feedback and suggestions. We value your input and we thank you for the continued support for our product.

Our current feature calculates the time it takes an agent logged into the Dashboard to join the chat. If agents are missing chats or need more time to reply, you can create a Chat Rescuer Trigger. This trigger is used to auto-respond to messages if agents don't respond in time. The delay message options range from 10 seconds to 1 hour.

You can send a message to your visitors saying you are currently unavailable and requesting that they leave their details.

For more information, visit this link: https://help.tawk.to/article/creating-and-managing-triggers

You can also activate the scheduler function for your chat widget to avoid missed chats.

For example, if your operating hours are 9 AM - 5 PM,…

18. Option to create Hyperlink in Trigger Message

Trigger message only allows plain text as of now. A basic format or tag should be allowed to create hyperlinks

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Archna,

Currently, we only support plain text for Trigger messages. As well as email format and URLs, it will be hyperlinked accordingly. We do not have the feature to insert links to text to trigger message.

19. Chat notification filter

If more departments were created (sales, technical, ...) it would be very useful to be able to decide which department the chat notifications arrive at without using any pre-chat form. For example, I might decide that notifications only go to members of the sales department, who can then turn the chat into a ticket and send it to the technical department.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Luis,

Currently, we cannot assign chats to a specific agent or assistant. All incoming chats can be viewed and answered by all agents logged in to the property.

Departments allow you to make sure the right agents answer visitors.  They also allow you to assign a ticket to a particular department, ensuring everyone in that department receives the email/notification.

Here is how the department function works:

1. Chats can be assigned to departments. All agents, including those not assigned to a department, can see all incoming chats. However, only those assigned to the selected department will receive a notification. This makes it easy to transfer chats..

2. Once a chat is assigned to a department, agents will only hear chat notifications when there are no agents online in the selected department. This prevents chats from going unanswered.

4. Currently, there…

20. Visitor IP History List

I would like to have a history list of visitor IPs. This helps me to exclude some malicious clickers, which helps a lot with Google ads clie

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Add-ons  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Faya,

Thank you for choosing tawk.to and for taking the time to provide us with your feedback and suggestions. We value your input and we thank you for the continued support toward our product.

You can export contacts in the Messaging section of the Dashboard.

Here's the process of exporting the contacts:

1.  Select to Messaging (email icon) in the left tab menu.

2.  Select the Property.

3.  Select Contacts under the Property.

4.  Click the download icon in the upper right.

You will receive an email with a link to a .csv file containing the names and email addresses of all your contacts.

Visit this link for more information: https://help.tawk.to/article/exporting-contacts

Let me know if you have any other questions, require assistance, or just want to talk to someone at tawk.to. Here is a link to our calendar - https://calendly.com/tawk-to-support/tawk-to-customer-support; We're happy to help!

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base