Feedback

Suggest a new feature or improvement to current ones to make tawk.to the best service available!

To report a bug, please write to support@tawk.to describing the issue you are facing with screenshots (if necessary).

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add a feature to import from intercom

I want to switch from intercom but I'm dissuaded because I don't want to lose track of old conversations & user context.

You could even just have a single standardized import format and then your customers could write scripts to convert various other company's export formats into your import format, and share those scripts with each other!

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    3 comments  ·  Integrations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi,

Thank you for choosing tawk.to and for sharing your challenge here.

At this stage, we do not have a feature for migration from Intercom to tawk.to.

Your request has been acknowledged and updates will be posted once the feature has been approved and implemented.

Let me know if you have any other questions, require assistance, or just want to talk to someone at tawk.to. Here is a link to my calendar: https://calendly.com/siennarubio/30min. I’d be happy to help!

2. Add New Feature

Change The Live Chat Background

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  New features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi,

Thank you for choosing tawk.to and for reaching out.

At this stage, we do not have a feature for changing the background of the live chat window.

However, the background colors for Agent and Visitor messages can be customized in the Widget Appearance area of the Dashboard.
    Learn more about customizing your widget’s appearance here: https://help.tawk.to/article/changing-the-appearance-of-the-chat-widget

We’ve taken note of your suggestion and will post updates once the feature has been approved and implemented.

If you have any other questions, require assistance, or just want to talk to someone at tawk.to, here is a link to my calendar — https://calendly.com/siennarubio/30min. I’d be happy to help!

3. SECURE FORM

I would really love it if you guys enter a secure form option for users to put their confidential passwords and usernames on

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

Thank you for choosing tawk.to and for sharing your ideas with us.

Although a secure form option is currently not available in our chat widget, we take your privacy and data security seriously at tawk.to.

All communication between you and your visitors is over SHA-256 Secure Socket Layer, and all data is housed on encrypted servers.

Your request has been acknowledged and updates will be posted once the feature has been approved and implemented.

Let me know if you have any other questions, require assistance, or just want to talk to someone at tawk.to. Here is a link to my calendar: https://calendly.com/siennarubio/30min. I’d be happy to help!

4. Add validation on Mobile number

It Could be great to add validation on Mobile number, presently we don't have validation and users typing more than 10 digits

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

Thank you for choosing tawk.to and for taking the time to share your ideas here.

At the moment, we don’t have a feature for phone number validation.

The CRM (Contacts) feature is already in our development roadmap. Our engineers are working toward this new feature, and we will post updates once the feature has been implemented.

Should you have any questions, require assistance, or just want to talk to someone at tawk.to, here is a link to my calendar: https://calendly.com/siennarubio/30min. I’d be happy to help!

5. to notify user on mobile phone, when sessions get's automatically logout from mobile app

Please add a feature to notify user on mobile phone, when sessions get's automatically logout from mobile app.

Currently, I don't know when the session gets expired on cellphone and after 1-2 months, I resign into the mobile app

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Add-ons  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Include a link to tawk.to dashboard from email notification

When receiving a notification mail for an offline message sent,

include a link to the dashboard for easy access to the ticket by simply clicking on the link

There are no security implications involved because if the person is not logged in, just prompt them to log in.

This feature will greatly help as there is no need to manually access tawk.to page from a browser.

Simple feature but save a lot of time. Please consider.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Chat Widget Position Problem

We want to take chat widget position freely, be able to move in less areas like 20-30 pixel. We have footer in our website and the footer is just closing the chat widget. Also we do not want to just put it on the middle of the page. If you could get back to us about this topic we would be happy and we can find onether solution to that problem,

Thank you so much!

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. 2 colum in one row

could you add a new feature like 2 colum in one row

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. API endpoint to fetch the messages of a specific chat

Hi there! It'd be great if there was a way of being able to fetch the messages of an existing/old conversation.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Integrations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi,

Thank you for choosing tawk.to and for sharing your ideas with us.

We currently have a REST API in the works that will be out once the documentation has been approved.

In the meantime, check out our JavaScript API documentation for a flexible set of methods that may help with your website projects.

You can find our JavaScript documentation here: https://developer.tawk.to/jsapi/.

We’ve acknowledged your request and have forwarded it to the dev team. They will work with this suggestion and will add the feature in due course.

If you have any other questions, require assistance, or just want to talk to someone at tawk.to, here is a link to my calendar: https://calendly.com/siennarubio/30min. I’d be happy to help!

12. Hide Chats I Have Not Joined

I'm wondering how we can make it so that my colleague can only filter to see the chats they are responsible for rather than having everyone's chats fill their screen as well.

For example: My colleagues were successful in "Joining" individual chats, but when one person (Colleague A) would join a chat, they could also see the chat Colleague B and Colleague C were having. This was being listed in the Active Chats tab. I'm wondering if there can be a way hide the chat if the person is not the individual responsible.

I recognize this is defaulted in the…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

Thank you for choosing tawk.to and for sharing your question here.

Currently, a feature is not available for assigning chats to specific agents or hiding chats from other agents. All chats can be viewed by all members of a property.

I would suggest creating a department.

Here’s how the department function works in the tawk.to chat:

​1. Chats can be assigned to departments. All agents, including those who are not assigned to a chat, can see the incoming chats. However, only those who are assigned to the department will get a notification.

​2. This allows for easy chat take-over, especially if the transfer is from one department to another.

3. ​When a chat is assigned to a department, other agents only hear notification sounds if there are no agents currently online in the department the visitor has selected. So the only time all agents are notified…

13. I put tawk-api on my website but i dont see where i got the massage that people send me!

I put tawk-api on my website but i dont know where i see the massage that people send to me!

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Windows app  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Please do not delete the Widget Content modification function on the iOS app

Please do not delete the Widget Content modification function on the iOS app

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  IOS app  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Automatic responses

Hi, just wanted to ask if we can change the automatic response "ticket created" to customer
    it goes automatic and its in English so our Finnish customers are confused.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. its better if I could add a list customers to tawk thereby concurrent customers can be identified next time when they appear on the website

I use tawk but there are many customer who are regular visitor on my site. its convenient to identify them by the admin whenever they appear on my site. At present, they need to introduce themself which looks old age system.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Add state

Please add the visitors state!

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Set username and password for knowledge base

It would be better if we can set a username and password to Access Knowledge Base.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Ability to add a + on chat function for international numbers

International clients cannot add a + on the phone number. Would be really helpful to have the ability to add a + at the start of the phone number for international dialing

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Provide text colour options for knowledge base article titles

It would be great to have the option to change the text colour of knowledge base article titles. At the moment it is only possible to change the body text, not the title itself.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base