Feedback

Suggest a new feature or improvement to current ones to make tawk.to the best service available!

To report a bug, please write to support@tawk.to describing the issue you are facing with screenshots (if necessary).

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Allow widget to specify which types of file can be sent in live chat

I would like if the widget can specify which type of file the customer can send in live chat. Like i want to disable video uploads in the widget but allow customer to upload and send a picture

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi,

Thank you for choosing tawk.to and for taking the time to share your ideas here.

At this stage, we do not limit the file types uploaded in the chat widget.

The widget allows the following files to be uploaded in the chat: JPG, PNG, JPEG, PDF, .docx

There is a maximum file size of 50 MB.

Learn more about file types and sizes at tawk.to here: https://help.tawk.to/article/what-file-types-and-sizes-are-supported

Your request has been acknowledged and updates will be posted once the feature has been approved and implemented.

Let me know if you have any questions, require assistance, or just want to talk to someone at tawk.to. Here is a link to my calendar: https://calendly.com/siennarubio/30min. I’d be happy to help!

2. Trigger conditions based on client side metadata

Having the ability to add conditions based on the metadata (or attribute) that is set from the client would be incredible. This would make the triggers in Tawk much more flexible.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

Thank you for choosing tawk.to and for reaching out.

I wanted to check — what condtion/s on the client’s end would you like you wanted to achieve with your Advanced Trigger?

Our Advanced Triggers allow you to set the following conditions:

1. Time/Date
    2. Location of Visitor
    3. Previous Visit Information
    4. Page Information
    5. Visitor Information
    6. Software/Computer of Visitor
    7. Online Status
    8. Chat-related Information

Related link: https://help.tawk.to/article/advanced-triggers

Your request has been acknowledged and updates will be posted once the feature has been approved and implemented.

Let me know if you have any questions, require assistance, or just want to talk to someone at tawk.to. Here is a link to my calendar: https://calendly.com/siennarubio/30min. I’d be happy to help!

3. Export messages from chat

It Would be great to export all messages from chat, not by packages 100 messages but all which we have from define time period

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

Thank you for choosing tawk.to and for sharing your challenge here.

We currently have a limit of 100 chat history entries per download.

4. private message

when a client request a chat any agent can take the chat then send it to someone else and that agent then can make it a private message
    so it can be a secure chat and no one else can see what you are talking about ...Like add a button saying secure chat (on) (Off) then only at that time you and that agent and client on that chat at that time can see whats being said, then hide that info when tuned off to make it a secure private chat .where only you can see the past stuff said…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  New features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi,

Thank you for choosing tawk.to and for sharing your ideas with us.

At this stage, there is not a feature allowing chats to be hidden from other agents/departments.

We have taken note of your suggestion and will post updates once the feature has been approved and implemented.

5. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Android app  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Privacy consent register

By using a data request form at the beginning of the chat it is possible to request consent for privacy. But it is not possible to save a consent register, for the GDPR it is mandatory as I must always be able to demonstrate the sending of data through consent-based forms. There is currently no consensus register.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

Once the consent form is activated, your customer can send chat messages if they AGREE with the form. If not, they won’t be able to continue with the chat.

All entries in your chat history can be used to track the number of customers that agreed with the consent form. However, the content of the consent form will not be included in the chat history conversations.

7. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

At this stage, we do not have the option to change the widget color of the thumb.

We’ve acknowledged your request and have forwarded it to the dev team. They will work with this suggestion once the feature has been approved and implemented.

If you have any other questions, require assistance, or just want to talk to someone at tawk.to, here is a link to my calendar: https://calendly.com/siennarubio/30min. I’d be happy to help!

8. PHONE NUMBER FEED DATA FOR WEBHOOK INTEGRATION

Please enable data feed for Phone number when using Webhook with Pabbly Connect integration... i need to integrate customer chat with SMS

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Integrations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi,

Webhooks for phone numbers are currently not available.

Great news! We are already in the final stages of building our CRM (Contact) product.

Learn more about Contacts and register your interest for beta access here: https://www.tawk.to/updates/crm-beta-release-contacts/

We will post updates once the feature has been implemented.

Should you have any questions, require assistance, or just want to talk to someone at tawk.to, here is a link to my calendar:https://calendly.com/siennarubio/30min. I’d be happy to help!

9. font

fonts of chat widget in persian should improved.
    i can not find persian related fonts in chat widget settings.

if the "IranSans" font or at least "Tahoma" font added to chat dashboard, the chat widget's appearance will improved as well.

beacause this fonts are great for Persian (Farsi) language.

thank you.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

The default format and font of our widget is Lato, sans-serif.

We currently don’t have options for customizing the widget font.

Let me know if you have any other questions, require assistance, or just want to talk to someone at tawk.to. Here is a link to my calendar: https://calendly.com/siennarubio/30min. I’d be happy to help!

10. Chat Screen Inside WHMCS

we want our admin login in whmcs and can chat from there
    like inside whmcs there is some page where our agent can chat with our clients, and they don't have to separately login in tawk to.
    This must be done via some API connection rather than signin by giving user/pass. We want our admins can only chat via whmcs, and no user/pass required to login into it. it always connect via API.
    Also they only have access to receive chats and chat with customer they do not have access to change or add predefined replies.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Add-ons should be allowed to work on the tawk.to/page!!!

Why on Earth have you guys not enabled the use of add-ons on your own hosted page on tawk.to??

For those who have websites hosted with the likes of Shopify that are stopping you from using this service, it would make life a lot easier!

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Add-ons  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi,

Unfortunately, some Add-ons have been disabled due to Shopify’s Terms of Service. They don’t allow the features and we have no control over this.

If you have any questions or require assistance, we invite you to reach out on our 24/7 support line. Our live agents are always available to assist you.

Alternatively, you can reach me here at sienna.rubio@tawk.to or book a call here: https://calendly.com/siennarubio/30min

12. Data for Visitor/Pageview Traffic

Would be nice to export or see visitor data over a period of time. I know on the "monitoring" section you can see daily amounts however you basically need to estimate monthly/yearly traffic based on daily amounts. To be able to quickly view this data and export it would be very useful!

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

At the moment, our Monitoring feature shows only real-time activities of visitors and does not record activity for future viewing.

If your visitor has a chat history, navigation activity is available for viewing. However, you won’t be able to download the data.

We look forward to providing this feature in the future. Updates will be posted once the feature has been approved and implemented.

Let me know if you have any other questions, require assistance, or just want to talk to someone at tawk.to. Here is a link to my calendar: https://calendly.com/siennarubio/30min. I’d be happy to help!

13. Write My Case Study For Me

Students are given to write case study assignments when they are perusing a course. It is very important for them to score well in their case studies to build a positive image in the eyes of their professors. And most importantly if they fail to score well, they won’t be able to improve their overall assignment grades. The only way to score well in case study assignments is to write a flawless case study that is unique, free from factual or grammatical errors and adhere to the guidelines provided by the university.
    Tips to write a unique Case study
    Here…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Add-ons  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. There is an issue with the chat - short Estonian phone numbers are not supported. For example, if a phone number is 7 decimal places.

There is an issue with the chat - short Estonian phone numbers are not supported.
    For example, if a phone number is 7 decimal places.
    When a customer wishes to start a chat and enters her/his short phone number, she/he will not be able to start a chat.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

The Phone Number field currently does not support 7 digit entry.

We’ve acknowledged your request and have forwarded it to the dev team. They will work with this suggestion and will add the feature in due course.

15. Fix “Exchange is currently in recovery mode’ error?

The error of ‘Exchange is currently in recovery mode’ has been fixed. There are some manual methods to resolve this error. If you want to open your edb file in the easiest way, So download the EDB to PST converter by SysInspire. They have to convert your edb file into pst format and it is able to convert edb to many other formats also. In which you can watch a live preview of edb conversion also. It contains a very friendly interface. If you want to try this software you can download the free demo version also.
    Read more:- Fix…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. limit number of chats per agent

why dont you make chatting rules .. for example :
    limit chat per agent that can be handled at one time ., see in coming chats

thanks

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Chat widget thoughts

1. Be able to upload our own attention grabber
    2. Allow each mode to have its own attention grabber (offline, etc)
    3. Provide a form to visitor if agents have not answered chat after XX seconds
    4. Be able to see online agents and communicate with them or transfer a chat
    1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Add user's Name in the welcome message

It would be great if the 1st message (which we set as a trigger without delay) can automatically take the name of the user which was entered in the pre-form. This allows the 1st message to feel "personal".

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Additional history export options

I would love to be able to export our chat history in 1) chunks bigger than 100 and 2) in a single file format, either csv or json.

The current nested folder/one-json-per-chat format makes it very difficult to work with the otherwise valuable data they contain in any easy way.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Be able to set a list of keyword or phrases to triggers

In current situation, I can set a keyword that will activate a trigger. If I want 2 keywords, I have to create 2 triggers, and that easily makes going to 20 trigger limit. We should be able for one trigger set a list of keywords or phrases, seppareted by commas for instance, let's say I have 30 keywords that I want to trigger a reply, it's not possible with current system.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base