Feedback

Suggest a new feature or improvement to current ones to make tawk.to the best service available!

To report a bug, please write to support@tawk.to describing the issue you are facing with screenshots (if necessary).

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Adding 2 factor Auth.

I suggest that you add 2FA in order to keep accounts secure.

I personally my self get targeted a bit. 2FA would make it almost impossible to hack my account.

112 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    11 comments  ·  New features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

To All Our Valued Users,

Thank you for choosing tawk.to and for taking the time to share your ideas here.

We currently don’t have two-factor authentication for signing in to your tawk.to Dashboard.

We’ve acknowledged your request and have forwarded it to the dev team. They will work with this suggestion and will add the feature in due course.

If you have any other questions, require assistance, or just want to talk to someone at tawk.to, here is a link to my calendar: https://calendly.com/siennarubio/30min. I’d be happy to help!

2. REST api + webhooks

Simple send/receive API for integration with services other than your web client. This is a feature I'm willing to pay for as a user.

111 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  New features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

To All Our Valued Users,

Thank you for choosing tawk.to and for reaching out.

Our Webhooks support the following events:
    Chat Start
    Chat End
    New Ticket

For more in-depth information on how our webhooks work, visit our developer portal at https://developer.tawk.to/webhooks/

We also have JavaScript API documentation where you can invoke a flexible set of methods that may work for your web projects.

You can check our JavaScript documentation here:https://developer.tawk.to/jsapi/.

We have a more advanced REST API in the works that will be out once the documentation has been approved.

If you have any other questions, require assistance, or just want to talk to someone at tawk.to, here is a link to my calendar: https://calendly.com/siennarubio/30min. I’d be happy to help!

3. When creating a ticket for an offline message, automatically close the chat.

When you receive an offline message and you create a ticket, you have to close the offline chat yourself afterwards. It would be useful if this would happen automatically, so as soon as you create a ticket, the offline message will be shown as closed. This to avoid miscommunication, for example if someone on your team forgets to close the offline message and someone else creates another ticket for that same message.

103 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    18 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

To All Our Valued Users,

Thank you for choosing tawk.to and for taking the time to share your ideas here.

At this stage, all offline messages have to be set to Closed once the ticket is created.

We’ve acknowledged your request and have forwarded it to the dev team. They will work with this suggestion and will add the feature in due course.

4. Flutter integration

An android sdk would be nice, but creating a package for Flutter would be even better.

99 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Integrations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

To All Our Valued Users,

Thank you for choosing tawk.to and for sharing your ideas with u

We currently do not have integration with Flutter.

Your request has been acknowledged and updates will be posted once the feature has been approved and implemented.

Let me know if you have any other questions, require assistance, or just want to talk to someone at tawk.to. Here is a link to my calendar: https://calendly.com/siennarubio/30min. I’d be happy to help!

5. Include Chat When Converting to Ticket

Currently when responding to a missed chat via dashboard-Convert to ticket-Message All the user receives is your response.

When the same user is using your chat and makes many requests a day it is difficult to detect what your response is in reference to. I hope this gets implemented soon. Does anyone else find this helpful??

98 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Set department using setAttributes()

Hello Tawk team,

If user is logged in, we would like to assign it to a specific department using javascript API; this would be great, we are already using setAttributes() on secure mode to set name and email, so set the department using the javascript API should be the next step.

is this on your to do list?

Thanks in advance.

98 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    13 comments  ·  Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Allow visitors on the site to chat with each other, make group chat with agent

I am loving the tawk.to livechat feature and would really love to extend that level of quality to my users on my marketplace platform. Having Tawk.to to allow both buyers and sellers to communicate with each other would definitely be something which can be game-changing instead of just the current system of Web Admin with general users.

97 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    16 comments  ·  New features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

To All Our Valued Users,

At this stage, there is not a feature allowing visitors to communicate with each other.

Your request has been acknowledged and updates will be posted once the feature has been approved and implemented.

Let me know if you have any other questions, require assistance, or just want to talk to someone at tawk.to. Here is a link to my calendar: https://calendly.com/siennarubio/30min. I’d be happy to help!

8. Windows app icon blinking

Please add windows app icone blinking when a new chat or message comes. It is difficult to notice chat or message if no headphones on

96 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Windows app  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

To All Our Valued Users,

Thank you for choosing tawk.to and for sharing your ideas with us.

At the moment, our tawk.to Windows app does not display a blinking icon when agents receive a chat.

9. Make a App for Linux

Make a App for Linux

96 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  New features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

To All Our Valued Users,

At this stage, the tawk.to app is not available for Linux.

10. display Visitor's State in addition to the Country

I'm wondering if there are any plans for improving the Visitor's location that's being displayed. I'm currently in the US and we're only able to see the City where the Visitor is from and not the State so it makes things a little hard to gauge and I'm not able to set up an advanced trigger for those users.

Something like this would be very helpful, thank you!

95 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    10 comments  ·  Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

To All Our Valued Users,

At this time, the details in the Monitoring section do not include the state in which the visitor is located.

We have taken note of your suggestion and will post updates once the feature has been approved and implemented.

11. Triggers for Offline Form, when no agents are online

It would be awesome to be able to setup triggers for when live chat is not available, and the offline form is active.

I'd like to be able to setup at the least one site wide trigger after X seconds.

Otherwise it would be great to have the ability for triggers based on the url, so we can make the message fit for purpose :)

93 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    26 comments  ·  New features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

To All Our Valued Users,

At this stage, there is no option to set up triggers to send messages when the widget is offline.

However, our automation/chatbot feature is currently on our roadmap.

To address your query about URL-based triggers, this feature is available right now when the widget is online.

Learn more in this article: https://help.tawk.to/article/creating-and-managing-triggers.

If you have any other questions, require assistance, or just want to talk to someone at tawk.to here is a link to my calendar – https://calendly.com/siennarubio/30min; I’d be happy to help!

12. Allow us to position the chat icon wherever we want

My website is gharbaithegrocery.com...
    I need to position the icon a bit lower and towards the right so that i could adjust it to my website

92 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    8 comments  ·  Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi,

This is Sienna from tawk.to. Thank you for reaching out.

We currently don’t have a feature for changing the margin settings of the chat widget.

The tawk.to chat widget offers six different positions from which you can choose: top and bottom corners, middle-right side and middle-left side.

We have just released a major update to our chat widget. You can now set a separate position for your chat widget on Desktop and mobile devices.

Follow these steps to change the position of the chat widget on mobile:

1. Click the Administration cog in the lower-left corner of your Dashboard.
    2. Select Chat Widget.
    3. Under Widget Appearance, select Advanced.
    4. Under Mobile Widget, select your preferred Mobile Widget Position.

Helpful link: https://help.tawk.to/article/customizing-the-widget-header-and-body-cards

13. Ticket portal for customers

A web portal where customers can view the ticket history, add message to own tickets, raise ticket and so on...

91 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    9 comments  ·  New features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

To All Our Valued Users,

We do not currently have a web page allowing users to view the status of their tickets.

Only members of a property can view the status of tickets for that property in the Dashboard.

We have taken note of your suggestion and will post updates once the feature has been approved and implemented.

14. Allow us to put social media links with a Facebook, Instagram, Twitter icon etc

make it so we can put our facebook,instagram,twitter etc on the chat on the bottom directly so when they click it they can follow us! this would be great :D please get this feature ASAP!

90 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    13 comments  ·  New features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

To All Our Valued Users,

You can purchase our Remove Branding add-on to modify the footer message of your chat widget.

You can modify the title and attach a URL link.

Helpful links:

1. Setting up the Remove Branding add-on:
    https://help.tawk.to/article/setting-up-the-remove-branding-add-on

2. Purchasing the Remove Branding and white label add-on:
    https://help.tawk.to/article/purchasing-the-remove-branding-and-white-label-add-on

Should you have any questions, require assistance, or just want to talk to someone at tawk.to, here is a link to my calendar: https://calendly.com/siennarubio/30min. I’d be happy to help!

15. Chat application for ubuntu system needs to developed

Hi

I am linux system user.. But the tawk application for linux not found

89 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    18 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

To All Our Valued Users,

At this stage, the tawk.to app is not available for Ubuntu and other Linux distributions.

16. Let only the administrator see what everybody is chatting, not the entire sales team.

I have just started using tawk.to in one of my client's website. Although I have just noticed that my whole sales team sees what everybody is chatting. It would be perfect if only the administrator saw other people's conversation. Would that be possible? Thank you.

88 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

To All Our Valued Users,

We currently don’t have an option for hiding chats from other agents or departments.

All chats can be viewed by all members of a property.

17. Turn chat online/offline manually despite other agents status and Scheduler hours

My boss is often in the office later the rest of us and would like to be able to answer chats past our "closing time" which I previously used the scheduler to turn offline at. I understand that if all users are logged out, the widget will turn offline, however many of my colleagues leave their browsers open overnight for convenience from day to day and forget to log out. It would be very helpful if there were an option for Chat Admins to change the online/offline status of the widget manually.

88 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    10 comments  ·  New features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

To All Our Valued Users,

Thank you for choosing tawk.to and for sharing your question here.

At the moment, we don’t have the option to set the widget’s status to offline/online independently of agent status and the Scheduler.

You can manually disable the Scheduler so it stays online all the time. However, any previously set schedule will then revert to the default schedule. When you are ready to reactivate your scheduler, you will have to configure it again.

18. Accelerated mobile Pages

Tawkto for AMP (Accelerated mobile Pages)

86 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    9 comments  ·  New features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Chat Specific Routing to Agent or Department

Is it possible to route the chat request to the specific agent or to the specific department? I created department -> Prechatform but then when the visitor selects Department then all agents gets alert and all agents in different department can join, which makes having department in not useful.
    So can we have a way to perform this

86 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    18 comments  ·  Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

To All Our Valued Users,

Currently, we cant assign chats to a specific agent. However, Departments are especially helpful for big teams, allowing you to make sure only the right agents answer visitors as they can be selected as an option in a pre-chat form.

Departments are also useful when assigning tickets. You can assign a ticket to a particular department which means everyone in the department will receive the email/notification.

This is how the Department function works for tawk.to chat.

​1. Chats can be assigned to Departments. All Agents, including those who are not assigned there, can see the incoming chats. However, only those who are assigned to the department will get a notification.

​2. This allows for easy chat take-over, especially if the transfer is from one Department to another.

3. ​In Departments, the other agents…

20. Temporarily silence agent group chat while leaving others audible

It would be nice to be able to turn off certain agent group chats from time to time while leaving other agent chats audible. I only need to pop into our company group chat from time to time to post something, and do not to hear or monitor it all day long. My only options to quiet it are to turn down the volume, in which I may miss an important one on one chat, or leave the group and have someone add me back to the group again when I need to post something.

85 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

To All Our Valued Users,

We currently don’t have an option for muting specific agents/group chats in the dashboard.

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base