Multiple languages to choose for chatting
allow users to select different language for chatting
To All Our Valued Users,
Thank you for choosing tawk.to and for reaching out.
At the moment, we don’t offer language selection before commencing a chat.
Alternatively, create a chat widget for each language.
Adding multiple widgets to a Property can be helpful when you want to customize your Widget to match different sections of your website, languages or settings.
Each new widget you add will be in English by default. For each set of pages with a new language, you’ll need to create a new Widget and manually set the language.
To learn more, visit this link: https://help.tawk.to/article/faq-why-add-multiple-widgets
If you have any other questions, require assistance, or just want to talk to someone at tawk.to, here is a link to my calendar: https://calendly.com/siennarubio/30min. I’d be happy to help!
Create a option to filter visitors on a widget level - display the widget only to certain visitors based on geographics.
Alex Lozano commented
You can do it with departments but every agents will receive the chat. It will be very interesting if the departments can be exclusive. Imagine that you have 20 agents, and someone wants only to speak with the account person....
It would be cool to be able to change the widget language from the JS API.
That way I can serve a different widget specifically for the user
Jef Kalashnikov commented
When a user visits the page, the website sometimes selects the correct language to redirect the user to. The same could be done with the widget: auto-selecting the interface language for the proper languaged-user.
I need this Giorgio
Can you assist me on this
Angelo Lazzari commented
i would like the widget change automatically the language in base to the visitor browser...
I currently have 2 widgets (one French and one English) but I don't have the ability to create triggers based on the language of my visitors...
Ones user initiated chat session / or if i suggest him/her to open chat / i need to know language preferred by user. Usually it is the same language like used browser's default language.
Nick G commented
You should be able to do that with departments?
So I can do in the code something like this:
I would also like to have better support for multilanguage sites, in my specific case for Wordpress sites using WPML.
With the way things are done in Tawk's dashboard, I'm thinking of creating multiple chats widget for each different language, and then it would be nice if Tawk's plugin would let me choose a different widget of those for each of the languages enabled in my site.
Since the plugin doesn't allow that for now, I'm going to try and 'hardcode' those widgets into my theme, using WPML's conditional logic for loading different widget code snippets for each language.
But if you guys would be able to come up with a more 'automated' way of making the chat widgets show in the language being used by the visitor, it would probably be able to suit much more use cases besides mine.
This what we have been looking too. We have clients all over the world. Also I chats can be forwarded to agent who speak that language.
We have agents who speak different languages and we would like to forward foreign clients to agents who speak theirs language.
Support with WPML in Wordpress would be nice. At least the widget should show in the current language of the page (even though the word 'chat online' is widely known) :)
The widget should have an option for websites with Multilanguage.
If the customer enters myweb.com/en/ the widget is in English, but if the customer to myweb.com/fr/ the widget must be in French.
We have some online stores, but it has several languages.
Yes that is a functionality that really would be very usefull for international multilanguage sites, and I'm sure that it is not to difficult to include such functionality.
Alwin Winius commented
The fill in form is only one languages, which may customers think that there is only support in one language and not their native language.
70% of my customers are dutch, so that language is selected as main. The other 30% customers can't read dutch. Which make them believe there is no support for english.
I've would like to see some kind of auto detect for the language, the system already knows which country is opening a new chat.