Feedback

Suggest a new feature or improvement to current ones to make tawk.to the best service available!

To report a bug, please write to support@tawk.to describing the issue you are facing with screenshots (if necessary).

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. I think there should be a feature to select the gender (male - female) when starting the conversation

so that when customers text, I will know what gender it is for consultation ( translate.google.com)

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. New Knowledge Base (Private)

Can you please make the Knowledge Base Private, available only to customers within your system?

This is important for enterprise applications that do not want all of their IP exposed to the public.

61 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    9 comments  ·  Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

To All Our Valued Users,

Thank you for choosing tawk.to and for reaching out.

At the moment, our Knowledge Base only has 2 options for visibility: Public and Private mode.

Public articles are available to be read by anyone with access to the URL.

Private articles are only visible by your team within tawk.to apps when signed in to the Property associated with the article.

Related link: https://help.tawk.to/article/creating-a-new-knowledge-base-article

We’re continuing to build out our Knowledge Base product and have taken on your suggestions. We will post updates once the feature has been implemented.
    If you have any other questions, require assistance, or just want to talk to someone at tawk.to here is a link to my calendar – https://calendly.com/siennarubio/30min; I’d be happy to help!

3. its better if I could add a list customers to tawk thereby concurrent customers can be identified next time when they appear on the website

I use tawk but there are many customer who are regular visitor on my site. its convenient to identify them by the admin whenever they appear on my site. At present, they need to introduce themself which looks old age system.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Automatic responses

Hi, just wanted to ask if we can change the automatic response "ticket created" to customer
    it goes automatic and its in English so our Finnish customers are confused.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. View on Monitoring Page - Add brief question so agent

I want to see part of the question listed and all of the question(as you hover) in the monitor page instead of opening each one to see the question. That allows agents with specific question roles to search and answer...

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. wellsfargo.com/activatecard

Capitalone/Activate – Capitalone.com/Activate Card – Guys!! If you want to Activate your New Capital One Card Online? If yes, consider yourself lucky because you are in the correct place.
    https://sites.google.com/view/capitalonecomactivates/home

You have reached an outdated website. Please enter the URL that is listed on the back of your card to access the Bank of America Prepaid Card website.
    https://sites.google.com/view/bankofamericacomeddcard/home

Welcome to Wells Fargo Financial Cards Online Customer Service! Online account access to all of your Wells Fargo Financial credit card accounts including Now Line®, Visa®, MasterCard®, and Cash on Demand® is available 24-hours a day.
    https://sites.google.com/view/wellsfargocomactivatecards/home

Americanexpress.com/confirmcard Click here to…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Privacy Policy refers to Privacy Shield wich is not valid anymore

Privacy Policy refers to Privacy Shield wich is not valid anymore.
    The EU Goverment said Privacy Shield is no longer a legal support you can claim aginst. So your agreement needs to be updated

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Knowledge Base - Duplicate Article / Template Article

To keep a consistent article layout throughout our Knowledge Base it would be great to have an option to select an article and click "Duplicate Article" which would then create a new draft version of the selected article.

Alternatively save an article as a Template and have the option to create a "New Article from Template".

12 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

To All Our Valued Users,

Thank you for choosing tawk.to and for sharing your suggestions.

We currently don’t have an option to duplicate an article and save it as a template.

We’ve acknowledged your request and have forwarded it to the Knowledge Base team. They will work with this suggestion and will add the feature in due course.

Let me know if you have any other questions, require assistance, or just want to talk to someone at tawk.to. Here is a link to my calendar: https://calendly.com/siennarubio/30min. I’d be happy to help!

9. better knowledge base searching

Currently you can only search the title in the knowledge base. Can you expand the search to search the entire KB article text? Imagine searching in outlook and only being able to search by words in the title of an email...

29 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

To All Our Valued Users,

Thank you for choosing tawk.to and for taking the time to share your ideas here.

You can search articles in your Knowledge Base according to the keyword.

If the articles contain a word you are searching for, it will appear in the search results.

I have personally tested this search function and. EG. When I search for the keyword “group” – all articles containing that word show up in the search results.

Helpful links about KB:

https://help.tawk.to/article/what-is-the-knowledge-base

https://help.tawk.to/article/setting-up-your-knowledge-base

https://help.tawk.to/article/creating-knowledge-base-categories

If you have any other questions, require assistance, or just want to talk to someone at tawk.to here is a link to my calendar – https://calendly.com/siennarubio/30min; I’d be happy to help!

10. Chat Bot

Add the Chat Bot feature

180 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

To All Our Valued Users,

Thank you for choosing tawk.to and for sharing your suggestion here.

Currently, we don’t offer an automation feature.

Automation is a feature on our product roadmap. Our engineers are working on this feature and updates will be posted once it has been implemented.

If you have any other questions, require assistance, or just want to talk to someone at tawk.to, here is a link to my calendar: https://calendly.com/siennarubio/30min. I’d be happy to help!

11. Allow adding a "noindex" tag for the Knowledge Base contents

It would be great to be able to add a noindex meta to the Knowledge Base.

When working on the contents it would be great to be able to see/browse the whole project without having the risk of having the content indexed too soon.

In some cases, maybe the user does not want the content to be indexed.
    <meta name="robots" content="noindex">

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Customizing the post-chat experience.

The content of the "your chat has ended" segment should be fully editable. It currently violates several of my property style guidelines and there's nothing I can do about it.

Problems:

The icon color is wrong.
    The text is written in plural. (There is no "us" in my studio)
    The text contains a typographic error that cannot be corrected.

We should be able to:

Remove this entire segment of the CX loop if desired.

Change the icon color.

Remove the icon.

Edit the heading text.

Edit the body text.

25 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

To All Our Valued Users,

At this stage, we don’t have a feature to modify ‘your chat has ended’, or the option to edit the text color.

Rest assured, your suggestion has been submitted to our engineers. We will post updates once the feature has been approved and implemented.

Should you have any other questions, require assistance, or just want to talk to someone at tawk.to here is a link to my calendar – https://calendly.com/siennarubio/30min; I’d be happy to help!

13. remove the option to edit shortcuts of the agents and only the admin profile have this option

many of my agents edit for a while the shortcuts. If only the admin profile have this option, this problema won't be happen again.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. 3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Minimize Chat Widget Icons after 60 seconds... If a visitor doesn't need help in the first 60-90 seconds, they won't need help, so disappear

If a visitor to my streaming site doesn't need help with in the first 60-90 seconds of visiting the site, they likely won't need help,
    So I want big buttons when the page loads, but want to minimize to tiny icons, or disappear completely after 60-90 seconds. Thanks

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Knowledge Base before chat

Put a knowledge base field on pre-chat form before visitor proceed to chat. So put a keyword on this knowledge field to find answers before proceed to chat. Check comm100 to see how work.

19 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

To All Our Valued Users,

Hi,

Great news! We have just released a major update to our chat widget.

See our latest release here: https://www.tawk.to/category/updates/ates

This new update can add a Knowledge Base search bar to the widget, so your visitors can search and find answers before starting a chat. Our Widget Card feature also lets you show articles, list articles in a Knowledge Base category or share a video in the widget.

To learn more about how to customize the Widget Cards, visit this link: Customizing the widget header and body cards

If you have any other questions, require assistance, or just want to talk to someone at tawk.to, here is a link to my calendar: https://calendly.com/siennarubio/30min. I’d be happy to help!

17. Allow Sections in Knowledge Base

Allow Sections in Knowledge Base

So at the movement there is no option to create sections in knowledge base for example, if we are a school we would need a knowledge base for Teachers and Students and may be also for Parents.

If there is a section toggle that would allow to toggle between sections the teachers would jump to their toggle option and look at their Knowledge base, and students on theirs and parent on theirs.

Cause at the moment the only way we can separate is categories which is not a good option when dealing with 3 types…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Include a link to tawk.to dashboard from email notification

When receiving a notification mail for an offline message sent,

include a link to the dashboard for easy access to the ticket by simply clicking on the link

There are no security implications involved because if the person is not logged in, just prompt them to log in.

This feature will greatly help as there is no need to manually access tawk.to page from a browser.

Simple feature but save a lot of time. Please consider.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Knowledge Base - backup feature

Currently Tawk's KB is not supported with an option to backup all articles & categories. Considering if a user want to migrate the KB to other platform which has more features, then it might be good to have an option to backup all KB data to be migrated.

11 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

To All Our Valued Users,

Thank you for choosing tawk.to and for sharing your suggestions.

At this stage, we don’t have an archive or a backup feature for our KB articles.

We’re continuing to build out our Knowledge Base product and have forwarded your request to the Knowledge Base team.

We will post updates once the feature has been approved and implemented.

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base