Feedback

Suggest a new feature or improvement to current ones to make tawk.to the best service available!

To report a bug, please write to support@tawk.to describing the issue you are facing with screenshots (if necessary).

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Reply message with customer name automatically

Can make it reply message to [customer name] automatically

25 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    3 comments  ·  Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

To All Our Valued Users,

Thank you for choosing tawk.to and for reaching out.

We currently don’t have a feature that will automatically include your customer’s name in the message.

An alternative way to capture your customer’s details is to use the Pre-Chat form.

The form will require the visitor to fill in the fields such as their name and email address, a phone number and location.

Once you have retrieved your customer’s information, you can send them a personalized message.

You can even create shortcuts for repetitive replies and add their name before sending the message.

These canned responses can be used while chatting with visitors. They save you time and make sure your responses are accurate and consistent. They also ensure spelling and grammar are correct.

Please note: The Pre-Chat form can act as a deterrent to some visitors and in turn reduce your engagement rate. Statistically, using…

2. 3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi,

Thank you for choosing tawk.to and for taking the time to share your ideas here.

At this stage, we don’t have a direct option for sending a recorded voice message.

As an alternative, you can record an audio file and send it as an attachment to your customer.

We have taken note of your suggestion and will post updates once the feature has been approved and implemented.
    If you have any other questions, require assistance, or just want to talk to someone at tawk.to, here is a link to my calendar: https://calendly.com/siennarubio/30min. I’d be happy to help!

3. Option to sort kb articles in widget cards

Showing articles in Pre-chat form is minimizing the unnecessary chat made from a website visitors, every website have it own frequently asked question, it would be necessary to allow us to change the order of the articles so we can order them according to its importance

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Knowledge base images pop up in modal window when clicked

Images uploaded to the KB can often be blurry or undersized. I would suggest improving the image quality, but also allow the images to show in a larger modal popup when clicked.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

Thank you for choosing tawk.to and for sharing your challenge here.

At this stage, we don’t have a function for magnifying the image on click or through the pop-out option.

We’re continuing to build out our Knowledge Base product and have taken on your suggestions.

We will post updates once the feature has been implemented.

Should you have any questions, require assistance, or just want to talk to someone at tawk.to, here is a link to my calendar: https://calendly.com/siennarubio/30min. I’d be happy to help!

5. Remove "Was this article helpful?" from chat widget if disabled in KB settings

When disabling "Receive Feedback on Articles" in the KB settings, it removes the "thumbs up/down" from the KB, however it leaves it in the chat widget article.

If disabling this feature, it should disable in both locations, not one.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

This is Sienna from tawk.to. Thank you for reaching out.

Once the Feedback option has been disabled, the ‘Was this article helpful?’ feature will be disabled as well.

The ‘Still need help? Message Us’ will continue to appear on the widget.
    See this screenshot for reference: https://prnt.sc/1o32zfu

If you have any other questions, require assistance, or just want to talk to someone at tawk.to, here is a link to my calendar: https://calendly.com/siennarubio/30min. I’d be happy to help!

6. Add the ability to change the order of Knowledge Base articles using drag and drop.

Allow Knowledge Base article creators to easily rearrange the order of the articles.

18 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

To All Our Valued Users,

Thank you for choosing tawk.to and for sharing your suggestions.

This is a great idea! A function that allows you to change the order of your KB articles depending on your preferred sequence.

Rest assured, your suggestion has been submitted to our engineers. We will post updates once the feature has been approved and implemented.

Should you have any questions, require assistance, or just want to talk to someone at tawk.to here is a link to my calendar – https://calendly.com/siennarubio/30min; I’d be happy to help!

7. I suggest if tawk.to can add country code option in the contact form, it will be very much helpful.

I suggest if tawk. to can add a country code option in the contact form, will be very much helpful, IMP feature.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

Thank you for choosing tawk.to and for sharing your suggestions.

We currently do not have a Pre-Chat Form field allowing country code selection for mobile numbers.

Alternatively, you can add a phone number field and edit the text to request the additional code.

For example, “Input Phone Number With Area and Country Code.”

Your request has been acknowledged and updates will be posted once the feature has been approved and implemented.

Let me know if you have any other questions, require assistance, or just want to talk to someone at tawk.to. Here is a link to my calendar: https://calendly.com/siennarubio/30min. I’d be happy to help!

8. Identify users name for welcome auto response.

A way of identifying the user name from a pre fill form and being able to input this into an automated response.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

Thank you for choosing tawk.to and for taking the time to share your ideas here.

We currently do not have an automation for adding a customer’s name when using Shortcuts or Triggers.

Your request has been acknowledged and updates will be posted once the feature has been approved and implemented.

Let me know if you have any other questions, require assistance, or just want to talk to someone at tawk.to. Here is a link to my calendar: https://calendly.com/siennarubio/30min. I’d be happy to help!

9. Add More Triggers - Beyond 20 Triggers Limitation

Allows us to add more than 20 triggers. We have many pages, each page provides a different kind of message.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

At the moment you can create a maximum of 20 Triggers per property. We currently don’t have an option for adding more.

Should you have any questions, require assistance, or just want to talk to someone at tawk.to, here is a link to my calendar – https://calendly.com/siennarubio/30min; I’d be happy to help!

10. Allow a trigger to be created when a chat is initiated

When a customer starts the chat after completing the pre-chat form, it would be a good idea to have a trigger to auto respond.

This lets the customer know that the chat has been initiated our end.

27 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

To All Our Valued Users,

Thank you for choosing tawk.to and for taking the time to provide us with your feedback.

Definitely! You can create a trigger that fires after your visitor fills in the form. I have personally tested these advanced trigger settings and the trigger successfully fires with the message I’vecreated. (Example: “Hi, Thank you for reaching out”)

You can do as follows:
    1. Select Administration Section > Trigger > Add Trigger

2. Select Trigger Type > Advanced

3. Type the Trigger Name and Description

4. Under CONDITION > When a visitor sends a chat message

5. Under CHECK > All of the following conditions 1. Account Status > Equals > Online

6. Under ACTIONS > Send message to visitor

7. Type the agent’s name and your message
    (This is where you can input a message letting your customer know that the chat has been initiated.)

I hope…

11. Disable Spam or whitelist

When tickets are sent via mail to the system, they are sometimes recognized as spam, and you do not get an information about this ticket via mail.

If would be great to disable the spam-filter or whitelist some email-adress-ranges

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

To All Our Valued Users,

There are numerous reasons why tawk.to tickets were sent to your SPAM folder. 

These may include specific mail filter rules concerning headers and other technical aspects of email.

If you’re unable to receive any emails from tawk.to, please whitelist the following emails on your mail server: noreply@tawk.to and tickets@tawk.to

12. Add total support of numerical domains

Please add support of domains that are completely numerical.
    e.x. 7147507.com
    1) Support of adding this domain as a property
    2) Support emails for agents with such numerical domains e.x. worker@7147507.com

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

At the moment, our system does not accept any numeric domain names or email addresses that contain numeric domains.

We’ve acknowledged your request and have forwarded it to the dev team. Updates will be posted once the feature has been approved and implemented.

13. Option to disable the email in the ticketing system

We need to use the ticketing system only for internal control - we don't want to share the tickets with customers;

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

The purpose of the ticketing system is to converse with customers via email.

An email address is required for the system to work.

Alternatively, you can enter your own support email in the details section to activate the ticketing system internally.

Helpful link: https://help.tawk.to/article/creating-and-responding-to-tickets

14. Ticket and chat transcript and webhook

I want an option in the admin page that when toggled on, all tickets created from chats will automatically include the chat transcript in the ticket message. On the webhook for "ticket created" event, I want also those transcript to be sent as part of the JSON data.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

Thank you for choosing tawk.to and for reaching out.

Each chat that’s converted to a ticket has a chat transcript attached to it.

Select the ‘Click to view’ option to view the chat transcript.

We currently don’t have a toggle switch for making an automated conversion.

We don’t have a feature for sending a file in a JSON format for a Webhook’ ticket created’ event.

We’ve acknowledged your request and have forwarded it to the dev team. They will work with this suggestion and will add the feature in due course.

15. Allow export of Knowledge hub so we can easily translate it

We have spent a lot of time using the Knowledge hub and build up quite a library but now our export teams want a version. The problem is there is no clear view of all the data so export to at least get it out and translate it would be a big help.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

To All Our Valued Users,

At this stage, we don’t have a feature allowing you to export KB articles.

We’ve acknowledged your request and have forwarded it to the Knowledge Base team. They will work with this suggestion and will add the feature in due course.

16. 3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Drilldown of Neutral / Negative chats / Positive Chats

It would be a good idea when pulling the chats report that we could drill down into the specific chats that were rated Negative/ Positive or not at all.

This is an integral part of driving conversion rates and in turn customer satisfaction.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

To All Our Valued Users,

We couldn’t agree more that customer feedback is an integral part of providing excellent customer service.

Thank you for taking the time to share your ideas here.

At this stage, we don’t have the functionality to download detailed reports of feedback.

Our developers are continuing to build out our messaging product. We’ve acknowledged your request and have forwarded it to the dev team.

We will post updates once the feature has been approved and implemented.

18. to make chats open and available to send msg from the agent side and close them manually

Well I have users in my tech support requesting for problem resolvings but when the user leaves the site for a while it closes the chat session and agents cant reach the user back. in my case the users category are those who doesnt ahve any idea on how to use email., so that we cant reach them via email. and would be great if U could make chat sessions static,e.g. whenever user goes back to the site he can see the new messages form the agent from the previous conversation

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Make transcript chat organized by Categorized choice on Pre Chat Form

I want to make transcript chat organized by the category choice from pre chat form, so I don't need to giving tag on transcript chat one by one. So, I can filtering chat by category

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Highlight active filters in KB articles

In the Knowledge Base it would be convenient to highlight the active filters in the articles, so that it is clearer to see which filters have been activated, distinguishing them from those that retain their initial values.

Especially necessary in the case of Categories.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base